Translation of confinement in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (act, state) reclusión (feminine), confinamiento (masculine) to be in solitary confinement estar* incomunicadoExample sentences1.2 u and c (in childbirth) parto (masculine)
- We do not rely primarily on preventive confinement - the incarceration of a person in anticipation of what he will do in the future.
- In fact, seldom will confinement, detention be the better course to adopt.
- When a person has been duly convicted of a crime carrying a jail term, confinement is automatically authorized.
- A confinement of six weeks used to apply to new mothers and I am a firm believer in the benefits of this enforced rest.
- Application for maternity benefits must be made at least eight weeks before confinement, or within six months of the birth of the child.
- Mother had given her a beautifully embroidered pocket, that Mama had been sewing during her long confinement before the birth of Thomas and Lettie.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.