Translation of congregation in Spanish:
- 1.1 (attending service)fieles (masculine plural)(parishioners) feligreses (masculine plural)falling congregations may lead to the closure of some churchesla disminución del número de fieles puede llevar al cierre de algunas iglesiasthe Lutheran congregation in Daytonlos miembros de la iglesia luterana de DaytonExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (RC society)
- In the congregation assembled for worship, these two movements meet, and the heavenly angels join the children of God in festal celebration.
- Now people hop, skip, and jump among religious bodies and congregations, picking and choosing, paying their money and taking their choice.
- The congregation or assembly does not wait until worship is over before it proclaims the good news.
- All around the meeting place are blocks of flats and the congregation regularly does leaflet drops.
- The core congregation that regularly goes to church is considerably smaller.
- Bishop Ryan is disappointed at falling Sunday Mass attendances but he recognises that congregations are now attending out of conviction rather than convention.
- There is, of course, secrecy over these general congregations.
- All matters of importance are referred to the general congregations, which since 1870 are held in the Vatican.
- And, of course the cardinals will be in their general congregation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.