Translation of congress in Spanish:
- 1 (conference)Example sentences
- In the past, disputes at Green party congresses were often vehement and passionate, although usually conducted on a very low level.
- At the same time, the party congress was instructive in exposing the political background of the latest round of anti-foreigner and German nationalist agitation.
- Hundreds of psychologists from all over the world attend our annual conventions, and hundreds of U.S. psychologists attend international congresses and other overseas meetings each year.
- 2also: Congress(in US)el Congreso (de los Estados Unidos)Example sentences
- As you know, I have spend most of week up on Capitol Hill covering the Congress.
- She could get seven years and says she plans to take her case to the United Nations and the U.S. Congress.
- The Congress of the United States and the president of the United States unite.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Cultural Note: Congress
El Congreso es el organismo nacional legislativo de Estados Unidos. Se reúne en el Capitolio → Capitol - The Capitol y está compuesto por dos cámaras, el Senado → Senate y la Cámara de Representantes → House of Representatives. Se renueva cada dos años y su función es elaborar leyes. Toda nueva ley debe ser aprobada primero por las dos cámaras y posteriormente por el Presidente → President.