- 1.1 c [Ling] conjunción (f) coordinating/subordinating conjunction conjunción coordinante/subordinanteMore example sentences1.2 c u (combination) conjunción (f) in conjunction with sth/sb en conjunción con algo/algn
More example sentences1.3 c u [Astron] conjunción (f)
- Such words include pronouns, auxiliary verbs, conjunctions, and prepositions.
- The elaborated variety was alleged to have greater syntactic complexity, as evidenced, for example, by a greater proportion of subordinate clauses, conjunctions, etc.
- Parliamentary question time is full of wonderful examples of extended verbs, conjunctions and prepositional phrases employed to evade answering a question.
More example sentences
- The conjunction of events marks a widening of the challenge posed by San Francisco's mayor, who last month authorised wedding ceremonies for same-sex couples.
- It is with us again thanks to the conjunction of two events, one here in York and the other of national concern.
- Obviously, in a high traffic area, such as the city gate, there is often a conjunction or combination of events that may be accidental, or, as in this case, designed to create an affect.
- In your natal chart, the conjunction of your Pisces sun with Saturn gives you a tendency toward worry to begin with, so this is a part of you that only you can work to overcome.
- The planets included a conjunction of Venus and Mars, the ‘rulers’ of the first house (the questioner) and the seventh house (the husband).
- We should now take a closer look at the quadruple conjunction of the planets in Capricorn and in particular, the Sun.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.