Translation of connection in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (link) See examples:connection (
withsomething)enlace (masculine) or conexión (feminine) ( conalgo)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (Electricity)
- A plurality of bond wires make an electrical connection of the bond pads with the conductive trace layers.
- Each power component provides connections between the power lines in the network cable and the ports of the fan-out device.
- Before working with wires or electrical connections, check them with a voltage tester to be sure they are dead.
- It is difficult to remember those were also the days when one had to wait for years to get a landline connection and mobile telephony was little thought of.
- Her nerves buzzed like a bunch of crossed telephone connections.
- This must be a bad connection, Lewis.
- 2 uncountableconnection (
tosomething) 2.1 (attaching) 2.2 (of phone, gas)Example sentences
- Via USB connection to a host computer, it allows control of virtually every mixer parameter from your computer.
- They also include a slot for a network card for connection to your home computer network.
- Subsequent connection to the computer after installation is also tricky.
- The at least two terminals include two current control terminals for connection at two locations in another circuit.
- A solder ball is fused to the end of the conductors for connection of the connector to a circuit substrate.
- The terminal connector has at least a contact terminal for circuit connection on the circuit substrate.
- 3 countable (Transport)connection (
withsomething)I have a connection in Romeconexión (feminine) or enlace (masculine) ( conalgo)I missed my connectiontengo que hacer una conexión or un enlace en Romaperdí la combinación or conexión
- 4 countable or uncountable 4.1 (relation) See examples:connection (
withsomething)she is wanted in connection with the killingrelación (feminine) or conexión (feminine) ( conalgo)in connection with your order …se la busca en conexión or en relación con el asesinatoin this connectioncon relación a or en relación con su pedido …4.2 (relationship)a este respectocon respecto a estoExample sentences
- The relationships, the connections between the elements, are of meaning in quantum mechanics.
- He wanted them to think about relationships and connections between everyday objects and sculptures, paintings, and architecture.
- The connections between items correlates with brain research that emphasizes connection-building to increase learning.
- 5also: connections plural5.1 (links, ties)5.2 (influential people)lazos (masculine plural)I'll use my connectionscontactos (masculine plural)conexiones (feminine plural) (Latin America)I got the job through family connectionsutilizaré mis contactos or (in Latin America also) conexiones5.3 (relations)conseguí el trabajo a través de los contactos de mi familiashe has Polish connectionsfamiliares (masculine plural)parientes (masculine plural)tiene familiares or parientes polacosExample sentences
- Now suppose that societal discrimination (including housing discrimination) influences social connections.
- I keep coming back to the fact that a damaged half-mad woman was entrusted with the care of two small boys because she had the money and the connections to positively influence the adoption.
- The villagers who support political parties and politicians act as their contacts within the village and to some extent derive their social standing from these connections.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to