Translation of conquer in Spanish:
conquistar(enemy/rival)the conquering army
vencerel ejército victoriosohe conquered her heartconquistó su corazónshe was unable to conquer her fear of flyingfue incapaz de vencer or superar el miedo a viajar en aviónlove conquers allel amor todo lo venceExample sentences
- You begin with a starbase and a couple of other structures and ships, and must collect resources to build massive strike forces to conquer an area of space.
- By controlling the countryside, they conquered the towns.
- After a while, there is no point trying to conquer the place, and the soldiers go home, leaving a force of a few men who are soon integrated into the country.
- Many attempt to climb this mountain but the climb is steep and on loose scree; to be physically fit and have a real desire to climb is essential to conquer this small mountain.
- Until that point, the action has centred on two mountaineers who have come adrift from each other after conquering a peak never climbed before (or since - this is a true story).
- James always had his sights set firmly on conquering the mountain and prior to the climb the spirited and adventuresome youngster trained for five weeks in the Commeragh mountains.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.