Translation of conscious in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (awake, alert) (no comparative) he was fully conscious1.2 (aware) (predicative) to be consciousestaba totalmente consciente
ofsomethingI'm fully conscious of its importanceser or (in Chile, Mexico also) estar consciente dealgotener conciencia ( or consciencia) dealgoit made her more politically conscioussoy or (in Chile, Mexico also) estoy plenamente consciente de su importanciatengo plena conciencia de su importanciato become conscious of a problemaumentó su conciencia políticato become conscious that …tomar conciencia de un problemadarse cuenta de que …Example sentences
- He was admitted to the ICU conscious and alert, but with a very low blood pressure, and very marginal oxygenation.
- The first man has spat out his endotracheal tube and is conscious, asking what the score is.
- Its critics claim that some downed animals are passed by inspectors because they are just conscious enough to respond to a kick.
- And hypnosis works was bypassing the conscious mind and communicating directly with the unconscious mind.
- The war is between my habitual and conscious thoughts about how to live and a new perspective struggling to be born.
- In this totality the conscious mind is contained like a smaller circle within a larger one.
- 2 (deliberate)(decision)she made a conscious effort to be nice to themse esforzó por ser amable con ellosExample sentences
- The effort was conscious and deliberate with each artist paired with a designer.
- This calls for conscious and deliberate efforts to develop qualities like altruism and selflessness.
- Just imagine what the world would be like if every one of us made a conscious effort to genuinely love one another?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to