- 1 1.1 (awake, alert) (no comparative/sin comparativo) consciente he was fully conscious estaba totalmente consciente 1.2 (aware) (predicative/predicativo) to be conscious
ofsth ser* or (in Chile, Mexico also/en Chile, México también) estar* consciente dealgo, tener* conciencia ( or consciencia) dealgo I'm fully conscious of its importance soy or (in Chile, Mexico also/en Chile, México también) estoy plenamente consciente de su importancia, tengo plena conciencia de su importancia it made her more politically conscious aumentó su conciencia política to become conscious of a problem tomar conciencia de un problema to become conscious that … darse* cuenta de que …More example sentences
More example sentences
- He was admitted to the ICU conscious and alert, but with a very low blood pressure, and very marginal oxygenation.
- The first man has spat out his endotracheal tube and is conscious, asking what the score is.
- Its critics claim that some downed animals are passed by inspectors because they are just conscious enough to respond to a kick.
- And hypnosis works was bypassing the conscious mind and communicating directly with the unconscious mind.
- The war is between my habitual and conscious thoughts about how to live and a new perspective struggling to be born.
- In this totality the conscious mind is contained like a smaller circle within a larger one.
- 2 (deliberate) [decision] deliberado; [irony/disdain] intencional, deliberado she made a conscious effort to be nice to them se esforzó por ser amable con ellosMore example sentences
- The effort was conscious and deliberate with each artist paired with a designer.
- This calls for conscious and deliberate efforts to develop qualities like altruism and selflessness.
- Just imagine what the world would be like if every one of us made a conscious effort to genuinely love one another?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.