- 1 1.1 (awake, alert) (no comparative/sin comparativo) consciente he was fully conscious estaba totalmente consciente 1.2 (aware) (predicative/predicativo) to be conscious
ofsth ser* or (in Chile, Mexico also/en Chile, México también) estar* consciente dealgo, tener* conciencia ( or consciencia) dealgo I'm fully conscious of its importance soy or (in Chile, Mexico also/en Chile, México también) estoy plenamente consciente de su importancia, tengo plena conciencia de su importancia it made her more politically conscious aumentó su conciencia política to become conscious of a problem tomar conciencia de un problema to become conscious that … darse* cuenta de que …More example sentences
More example sentences
- He was admitted to the ICU conscious and alert, but with a very low blood pressure, and very marginal oxygenation.
- The first man has spat out his endotracheal tube and is conscious, asking what the score is.
- Its critics claim that some downed animals are passed by inspectors because they are just conscious enough to respond to a kick.
- And hypnosis works was bypassing the conscious mind and communicating directly with the unconscious mind.
- The war is between my habitual and conscious thoughts about how to live and a new perspective struggling to be born.
- In this totality the conscious mind is contained like a smaller circle within a larger one.
- 2 (deliberate) [decision] deliberado; [irony/disdain] intencional, deliberado she made a conscious effort to be nice to them se esforzó por ser amable con ellosMore example sentences
- The effort was conscious and deliberate with each artist paired with a designer.
- This calls for conscious and deliberate efforts to develop qualities like altruism and selflessness.
- Just imagine what the world would be like if every one of us made a conscious effort to genuinely love one another?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.