Translation of conscious in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (awake, alert) (no comparative/sin comparativo) consciente he was fully conscious estaba totalmente consciente 1.2 (aware) (predicative/predicativo) to be conscious
ofsth ser* or (in Chile, Mexico also/en Chile, México también) estar* consciente dealgo, tener* conciencia ( or consciencia) dealgo I'm fully conscious of its importance soy or (in Chile, Mexico also/en Chile, México también) estoy plenamente consciente de su importancia, tengo plena conciencia de su importancia it made her more politically conscious aumentó su conciencia política to become conscious of a problem tomar conciencia de un problema to become conscious that … darse* cuenta de que …Example sentences
- He was admitted to the ICU conscious and alert, but with a very low blood pressure, and very marginal oxygenation.
- The first man has spat out his endotracheal tube and is conscious, asking what the score is.
- Its critics claim that some downed animals are passed by inspectors because they are just conscious enough to respond to a kick.
- And hypnosis works was bypassing the conscious mind and communicating directly with the unconscious mind.
- The war is between my habitual and conscious thoughts about how to live and a new perspective struggling to be born.
- In this totality the conscious mind is contained like a smaller circle within a larger one.
- 2 (deliberate) [decision] deliberado; [irony/disdain] intencional, deliberado she made a conscious effort to be nice to them se esforzó por ser amable con ellosExample sentences
- The effort was conscious and deliberate with each artist paired with a designer.
- This calls for conscious and deliberate efforts to develop qualities like altruism and selflessness.
- Just imagine what the world would be like if every one of us made a conscious effort to genuinely love one another?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.