Translation of conscious in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (awake, alert) (no comparative) he was fully consciousestaba totalmente conscienteExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (aware) (predicative) to be conscious
- He was admitted to the ICU conscious and alert, but with a very low blood pressure, and very marginal oxygenation.
- The first man has spat out his endotracheal tube and is conscious, asking what the score is.
- Its critics claim that some downed animals are passed by inspectors because they are just conscious enough to respond to a kick.
- And hypnosis works was bypassing the conscious mind and communicating directly with the unconscious mind.
- The war is between my habitual and conscious thoughts about how to live and a new perspective struggling to be born.
- In this totality the conscious mind is contained like a smaller circle within a larger one.
ofsomethingser consciente dealgoestar consciente dealgo (Chile) (Mexico)tener conciencia ( or consciencia)I'm fully conscious of its importance dealgosoy plenamente consciente de su importanciaestoy plenamente consciente de su importancia (Chile) (Mexico)tengo plena conciencia de su importanciait made her more politically consciousaumentó su conciencia políticato become conscious of a problemtomar conciencia de un problemato become conscious that …darse cuenta de que …
- 2 (deliberate)(decision)she made a conscious effort to be nice to them
deliberadose esforzó por ser amable con ellosExample sentences
- The effort was conscious and deliberate with each artist paired with a designer.
- This calls for conscious and deliberate efforts to develop qualities like altruism and selflessness.
- Just imagine what the world would be like if every one of us made a conscious effort to genuinely love one another?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.