Translation of conscious in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (awake, alert) (no comparative) he was fully consciousestaba totalmente conscienteExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (aware) (predicative) to be conscious
- He was admitted to the ICU conscious and alert, but with a very low blood pressure, and very marginal oxygenation.
- The first man has spat out his endotracheal tube and is conscious, asking what the score is.
- Its critics claim that some downed animals are passed by inspectors because they are just conscious enough to respond to a kick.
- And hypnosis works was bypassing the conscious mind and communicating directly with the unconscious mind.
- The war is between my habitual and conscious thoughts about how to live and a new perspective struggling to be born.
- In this totality the conscious mind is contained like a smaller circle within a larger one.
ofsomethingser or (in Chile, Mexico also) estar conscienteI'm fully conscious of its importance dealgo
tener conciencia ( or consciencia)
dealgosoy or (in Chile, Mexico also) estoy plenamente consciente de su importanciait made her more politically conscious
tengo plena conciencia de su importanciaaumentó su conciencia políticato become conscious of a problemtomar conciencia de un problemato become conscious that …darse cuenta de que …
- 2 (deliberate)(decision)she made a conscious effort to be nice to them
deliberadose esforzó por ser amable con ellosExample sentences
- The effort was conscious and deliberate with each artist paired with a designer.
- This calls for conscious and deliberate efforts to develop qualities like altruism and selflessness.
- Just imagine what the world would be like if every one of us made a conscious effort to genuinely love one another?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.