- 1 1.1 (state of being awake, alert) conocimiento (masculine) to lose/regain consciousness perder*/recobrar el conocimiento or el sentido 1.2 (conscious mind) conciencia (f), consciencia (f)More example sentences
- My consciousness and my sense of self do seem vital to me being who I am.
- What we are supposing to be absent in the zombie's mind is just phenomenal consciousness.
- If we are going to use the characteristics of our consciousness as an argument against free will, then what does that say?
- 2 (awareness) conciencia (f), consciencia (f) his consciousness of having failed her su conciencia de haberle fallado national consciousness conciencia nacional to raise sb's consciousness concientizar* or (Spain/España) concienciar a algnMore example sentences
More example sentences
- He was taken to hospital by ambulance but never regained consciousness and died a week later.
- Adverse events include a risk of respiratory arrest, hypotension, and impaired consciousness.
- He began moaning and groaning once he started to regain consciousness and become aware of the pain in his head.
- In this election campaign, we aim to raise the political consciousness of masses of people.
- It was the Populists who made a start in developing the political consciousness of ordinary people.
- The political consciousness is not as clear and coherent as it was in the great days of radical Hollywood.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.