Translation of conscript in Spanish:
- recluta (masculine and feminine), conscripto, (masculine, feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) (before noun/delante del nombre) conscript army ejército (masculine) de reclutas or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) de conscriptosExample sentences
- The speed with which it had been able to assemble and deploy such a conscript army conferred upon the German Confederation an advantage over the French, who struggled to get a smaller army into the field over a longer period of time.
- It's a conscript army, and the families of the soldiers are suffering more each year.
- Nor is a conscript army without advantages both for the soldiers and the institution.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/kənˈskrɪpt/
- [soldiers/army] reclutar he was conscripted into the army lo llamaron a filas or a cumplir el servicio militar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the