Translation of conscript in Spanish:
- recluta (masculine and feminine), conscripto, (masculine, feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) (before noun/delante del nombre) conscript army ejército (masculine) de reclutas or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) de conscriptosExample sentences
- The speed with which it had been able to assemble and deploy such a conscript army conferred upon the German Confederation an advantage over the French, who struggled to get a smaller army into the field over a longer period of time.
- It's a conscript army, and the families of the soldiers are suffering more each year.
- Nor is a conscript army without advantages both for the soldiers and the institution.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/kənˈskrɪpt/
- [soldiers/army] reclutar he was conscripted into the army lo llamaron a filas or a cumplir el servicio militar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the