Translation of conscript in Spanish:
nounAmerican English: /ˈkɑnˌskrɪpt/ British English: /ˈkɒnskrɪpt/
- (before noun) conscript armyejército (masculine) de reclutasejército (masculine) de conscriptos (Latin America)Example sentences
- The speed with which it had been able to assemble and deploy such a conscript army conferred upon the German Confederation an advantage over the French, who struggled to get a smaller army into the field over a longer period of time.
- It's a conscript army, and the families of the soldiers are suffering more each year.
- Nor is a conscript army without advantages both for the soldiers and the institution.
transitive verbAmerican English: /kənˈskrɪpt/ British English: /kənˈskrɪpt/
- (soldiers/army)he was conscripted into the army
reclutarlo llamaron a filas or a cumplir el servicio militarExample sentences
- If you were conscripted as a common soldier some two hundred years ago, you had to get permission to get married.
- The first shows soldiers being conscripted during wartime as victims on an army production line.
- They bombed granaries and rural villages, destroyed crops and irrigation systems, mined pastures and fields, destroyed herds and launched sweeps through rural areas - conscripting young men and destroying the infrastructure.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.