Translation of conservative in Spanish:
- 1.1 (traditional)(person/views/clothes)
also: Conservative(Politics) (in UK, Can, etc) (before noun) the Conservative (and Unionist) Party (in UK)el Partido Conservador1.3 (cautious) at a conservative estimateExample sentences
- The many suits and ties and other conservative dress worn by the crowd yesterday reflected the upscale membership of much of the organisation.
- The best advice I was always given by peers was to dress in a conservative suit with modest accessories at the interview.
- Not only are the quantities of meat large, but the fact that there are people who want to eat dried rat bat, or even monkey meat comes as a surprise to those of us whose tastes are more conservative.
- The rapid rise of the green movement is an example of this, because it appeals to traditional conservative values.
- Lewis was an old-fashioned Christian, and those who consider the church to be too interested in modernising see him as a hero of religious orthodoxy and conservative values.
- His parents weren't party-political, but he was certainly brought up with traditionally conservative values.
- The number of women trafficked for this purpose is unknown, although conservative estimates put the number in the millions.
- The combat capability of such a servicemen could be compared, even by conservative estimates, to that of a modern section or even platoon.
- Those sorts of considerations are why I said $440 billion was a conservative estimate, which is admittedly a bit crazy just to say, but there it is.
- 1.1 (traditionalist)conservador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)1.2also: Conservative(in UK)conservador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)the Conservativeslos conservadores
el Partido ConservadorExample sentences
- They saw fascists as more patriotic and determined than traditional conservatives.
- So the claim that there are conservatives who believe in some sort of absolute liberty is a total straw man.
- The antagonism between conservatives and progressives in Korea has a long history.
Cultural Note: Conservative Party
El Partido Conservador es uno de los principales partidos políticos británicos. Se sitúa a la derecha del espectro político que apoya el sistema capitalista, la libre empresa y la privatización de la industria y los servicios públicos. Surgió alrededor de 1830 como resultado de la evolución del Tory Party y a menudo se le denomina aún por este nombre.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.