Translation of conservative in Spanish:
- 1 (traditional)(person/views/clothes)
- The rapid rise of the green movement is an example of this, because it appeals to traditional conservative values.
- Lewis was an old-fashioned Christian, and those who consider the church to be too interested in modernising see him as a hero of religious orthodoxy and conservative values.
- His parents weren't party-political, but he was certainly brought up with traditionally conservative values.
- The many suits and ties and other conservative dress worn by the crowd yesterday reflected the upscale membership of much of the organisation.
- The best advice I was always given by peers was to dress in a conservative suit with modest accessories at the interview.
- Not only are the quantities of meat large, but the fact that there are people who want to eat dried rat bat, or even monkey meat comes as a surprise to those of us whose tastes are more conservative.
- 2also: Conservative(Politics) (in UK, Can, etc) (before noun) the Conservative (and Unionist) Party (in UK)el Partido Conservador
- 3 (cautious) at a conservative estimateExample sentences
- The number of women trafficked for this purpose is unknown, although conservative estimates put the number in the millions.
- The combat capability of such a servicemen could be compared, even by conservative estimates, to that of a modern section or even platoon.
- Those sorts of considerations are why I said $440 billion was a conservative estimate, which is admittedly a bit crazy just to say, but there it is.
- 1 (traditionalist)conservador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- They saw fascists as more patriotic and determined than traditional conservatives.
- So the claim that there are conservatives who believe in some sort of absolute liberty is a total straw man.
- The antagonism between conservatives and progressives in Korea has a long history.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Cultural Note: Conservative Party
El Partido Conservador es uno de los principales partidos políticos británicos. Se sitúa a la derecha del espectro político que apoya el sistema capitalista, la libre empresa y la privatización de la industria y los servicios públicos. Surgió alrededor de 1830 como resultado de la evolución del Tory Party y a menudo se le denomina aún por este nombre.