Translation of conserve in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/kənˈsɜːrv; kənˈsɜːv/
- 1.1 (preserve) [wildlife/rivers] proteger*, conservarExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (save) [energy] conservar, ahorrar; [resources] conservar, preservar to conserve one's strength ahorrar energías
- Our psychophysical health is strictly dependent on the environment, hence the importance to protect and conserve it.
- He explained that conservation farming was what the farmers needed because that way they would learn the importance of conserving the environment and concentrate on improving the soils that had lost fertility.
- Most of the Northern Iberian breeds are in high risk of extinction and are conserved in environmentally protected rural areas of Spain and Portugal.
- They are often conserved and preserved in jams and syrups.
- They were not interested in picking and conserving strawberries, but they often bought frozen strawberries.
- It is adapted from a very old recipe for conserving cherries.
- ‘We just need to conserve the water resources, because if we don't, sooner or later we will run up against a capacity problem,’ he said.
- ‘The government also needs to focus on types of housing which conserve resources, particularly water,’ he said.
- They were taken around different micro watershed areas, sholas and grasslands and shown the steps being taken by the Forest Department to conserve water resources.
- Any isolated system will conserve total momentum.
- Similarly, the laws of physics do not depend on the time at which they are determined, a symmetry which has the consequence that energy is conserved.
- Generally, energy can neither be created nor destroyed, so the sum of mass and energy is always conserved.
noun/nombreu and c /ˈkɑːnsɜːrv; ˈkɒnsɜːv/
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of the autonomous governments of Catalonia and Valencia is generalitat. A great deal of power has now been transferred to them from central government.