Translation of consider in Spanish:
- 1 (examine)(advantages/offer)it is my considered opinion that …
considerarlo he pensado mucho y considero or opino que …Example sentences
- Here, though, the winemaker must consider his market carefully.
- He asked my opinion and considered it in decisions about the manor where we once had lived.
- He said he's got war on his mind as he considers these policies and decisions he has to make.
- 2 (contemplate) it's an idea worth consideringes una idea que habría que considerarwould you consider a 5% increase?¿consideraría una oferta del 5% de aumento?£4 an hour? I wouldn't even consider it!¿4 libras la hora? ¡yo ni me lo plantearía!we're considering Ann for the jobestamos pensando en Ann para el puestoto consider +
-ingwe're considering moving houseestamos pensando en mudarnoswould you consider selling it if … ?¿le interesaría venderlo si … ?just consider how you'd feelimagínate or piensa cómo te sentiríasExample sentences
- I agree, and think that we have made a big mistake by not considering such a course of action.
- Perhaps the university may consider a lesser contribution towards the cost as it is not on land owned by the university.
- Adults who want to continue with their education are being asked to consider Open University courses.
- 3 (take into account)(facts/cost/risks/person/feelings)all things considered, I think that …
tener en cuenta
tener or tomar en consideración [formal]bien considerado or bien mirado, creo que …she never considers anyone else's wishesnunca tiene en cuenta a los demáswhen you consider that he's a beginner …teniendo en cuenta que es un principiante …consider how much they've done for youpiensa en or ten en cuenta todo lo que han hecho por tiExample sentences
- Sometimes a system may look expensive but when you consider factors like reduced installation time, higher aeration efficiency, greater longevity of the products, reduced maintenance needs and comprehensive warranty programs it becomes clear that overall you often get more than what you pay for.
- As we've said, custom design doesn't come cheap but when you consider what you get, we think it's great value.
- The deaths and torture scenes are rather grisly when you consider the era in which this movie came out.
- 4 (regard as) she was considered a good teacherestaba considerada como una buena profesorathey consider themselves (to be) above such things
se la tenía por buena profesorase consideran por encima de esas cosaswhat do you consider a lot of money?¿tú qué entiendes por or consideras mucho dinero?consider it done!¡dalo por hecho!consider yourself luckypuedes darte por afortunadoto consider somebody/something to +
puedes considerarte afortunado
infinitiveit's considered to be the best of its classestá considerado como el mejor de su claseI still consider that …sigo considerando or pensando que …see also→ consideringExample sentences
- I have always considered myself to be reasonably green, driving a small car, walking to work and recycling much of my rubbish.
- I know some people probably consider me to be a trophy wife - when they meet me they realise that's not the case.
- I have taken these into account and considered each dream to be a form of communication.
- Despite her ugly qualities, I still consider her a person who offers excellent company.
- If you are poor but have all good qualities you are considered not worth knowing.
- At first regarded as an eccentric minor poet, she is now considered a major writer of startling originality.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.