- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (attention, thought) their case has been given careful consideration su caso ha sido estudiado or considerado detenidamente I sent her a draft for (her) consideration le mandé un borrador para que lo estudiara these are the factors that enter into consideration estos son los factores que hay que tener or tomar en consideración to take sth into consideration tener* or tomar algo en consideración, tener* algo en cuenta the report is under consideration el informe está siendo estudiado in consideration of en consideración aMore example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (factor) a major consideration is the cost un factor a tener muy en cuenta es el costo her only consideration was her own success lo único que le interesaba era su propio éxito
More example sentences
- At some time in the intervening period, careful consideration would have been given to the style and subject-matter of the figurehead, which would also play a crucial part in the overall design of the ship.
- Even if the proposed changes were to result in a greater number of couples considering adoption, careful consideration would have to be given to the implications of allowing them to adopt.
- Some of the issues raised are familiar, but some are quite new and require careful scrutiny and consideration.
- Is politicization in this sense synonymous with taking political considerations into account in arriving at a decision?
- A crime is a crime, whether motivated by political considerations or others.
- The next point is a matter of concern when economic considerations are taken into account.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (thoughtfulness) consideración (feminine) she should show her colleagues more consideration debería tratar con más consideración a sus colegas or ser más considerada con sus colegas he shows no consideration for my feelings no tiene ninguna consideración por lo que yo pueda sentirMore example sentences
- Hopefully there would be some wonderful moments - instances of consideration and thoughtfulness and kindness.
- The basic need is a value base that can be shared by all the citizens and a heart filled with consideration, sensitivity and a willingness to be of assistance towards other people.
- All I'm saying is that a bit of consideration towards others would be appreciated.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (importance) of little/no consideration de poca/ninguna importancia or trascendenciaMore example sentences
- No troubles in Upper Egypt are mentioned during the reign of Auletes, and if things were quiet there, we mace that it was due to the government there being in the hands of some one whom, by our broken records, we may conjecture to have been a man of great consideration and influence, Callimachus the epistrategos.
- Then he went home south to Denmark, and became afterwards a man of great consideration, and many great people are descended from him.
- A man of great consideration may have fifty or sixty skulls suspended in his premises.
- 4 countable/numerable (payment) for a small consideration por una módica suma or cantidad a financial consideration una contraprestación económica
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.