Translation of consolidate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (reinforce) [support/reputation/position] consolidarExample sentences1.2 (combine) [companies] fusionar; [debts] consolidar
- As he looks ahead to the history books, however, he seems to realize that hard power alone will not consolidate his position.
- The local club made home advantage tell and both teams secured second places, consolidating their mid-table positions.
- The acquisition forms part of the Group's strategy of category and geographic expansion of its trade division and firmly consolidates the Group's position in the South East of the country.
- The service consolidates a number of separate services that used to exist in different parts of the county.
- I feel the whole conference could have been consolidated into a single day if the tracks had been put together correctly.
- And, in time, the two technologies - Workplace Messaging and Notes - will be consolidated as a single technology.
- You can get around the cap by consolidating IRA accounts into your 401 plan if your employer allows it.
- If you have money spread around various bank deposit and building society accounts then this is as good a time as any to consolidate them into one single account.
- The new board has been instructed by cabinet to consolidate the corporation's accounts into a holding company and to settle the corporation's debts as well as its overdraft and outstanding loans.
- Most recently the Commission has made a proposal to reform and consolidate all of the legislation in one measure.
- Most of the 1875 Act was consolidated with related legislation in the Public Health Act 1936.
- The very last Major act was to consolidate the various legislation on employment rights regarding unfair dismissal, redundancy, and claims of lesser importance.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (merge) [companies] fusionarse 1.2 (build) to consolidate
onsth consolidar algoExample sentences
- There he made preparations for his first attempts to consolidate purified platinum powder into a solid plug and to hammer it into a metallic ingot.
- This pore sealant both slows down corrosion of the zinc and consolidates the layer of zinc corrosion products, in order to maintain their protective effect.
- Strips of suitable length are cut, and are then beaten with a hammer in order to consolidate the substance of the hide.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.