Translation of consonance in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable (Literature, Music)Example sentences
- In all of these cases, the deft repetitions and modulations of consonants and vowels with their subtle assonance and consonance compete for attention with the lines' actual content.
- In solitary quiet, readers can hear sounds at their best, cherishing in the mouth all the possibilities of consonance and assonance, long vowel and short, as well as the dance of syntax which is rhythm.
- The Ulster-born poet's fondness for obscure consonance, half-rhymes and visual rhymes has become an instantly identifiable signature, mostly exhilarating, sometimes galling, even pretentious.
- The whole texture resonates with lovely aerated consonances, especially major thirds.
- Although the sense of hearing recognizes consonances, reason weighs their value.
- Early in his maturity, he dabbled a little in the important musical styles of his era, but in his later works, harmonic consonance largely holds sway.
- 2 uncountable (accord) [formal]a consonance of opinionun consenso de opiniónExample sentences
- It is important to emphasise that changes in economic circumstances may again make it necessary to take appropriate monetary measures, which may not be in consonance with the present easy liquidity conditions.
- I would not care whether truth is pleasant or unpleasant, and in consonance with or opposed to current views.
- Acting in consonance with the democratic convention, the President signed the Ordinance which was promulgated immediately on 24 August, 2002.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.