Translation of conspicuous in Spanish:
- [hat/badge] llamativo; [differences/omissions/lack] manifiesto, notorio, evidente to make oneself conspicuous llamar la atención I feel rather conspicuous in this hat con este sombrero tengo la sensación de que todo el mundo me mira in a most conspicuous position en un lugar bien visible to be conspicuous by one's absence brillar por su ( or mi etc) ausencia to be conspicuous
forsth [for bravery/loyalty] destacar(se)* poralgoExample sentences
- The most visible and conspicuous fact is that people now live better than half a century ago.
- Guidelines say blue badges must be displayed on the dashboard of a vehicle or in a conspicuous position so all details on it can be clearly seen.
- So these butterflies are making use of more than the visible portion of the spectrum in order to make itself conspicuous.
- That is precisely what has been tried on Britain's railways, without conspicuous success.
- The country has taken waves of immigration before, often with a conspicuous lack of success.
- His first stint in Italy, then, had not been marked by conspicuous success, with just the solitary cup in five years.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.