Translation of constant in Spanish:
- 1.1 (continual) the fax is in constant useel fax se usa continuamenteExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (unchanging)
- The constant noise continually startled Gracie and Leah's work.
- There's a pirate with a wandering wooden eye who's good for a chuckle, and it's fun to see a pirate tavern where the bar fights are just the constant background noise.
- They are however symbolic of a constant noise in the background.
(temperature/speed)calculated at constant pricesexpressed in constant dollars 1.3 (loyal) [literary]calculado a precios constantesExample sentences
- However, the 9 percent difference in speed has remained constant over the years.
- Only the ratio of the imports of services to total services produced has remained roughly constant during this period.
- Control bag pH was similar to pH in the lake and remained relatively constant throughout the six-week period.
- Her best friend and constant companion is a gay man, Brent.
- At that very road crossing, he had said a tearful good-bye to his constant companion and best friend.
- They are constant companions - unchanging, unchangeable.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.