Translation of constituency in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -cies)
- 1.1 (area) circunscripción (feminine) or distrito (masculine) electoralExample sentences1.2 (supporters) electores (masculine plural) potenciales ([ de una circunscripción electoral ])
- He represents the Meath constituency in the Dail and as a result of his appointment will resign his seat and a by-election will be held in Meath.
- The seat was abolished following boundary changes in 1983, after which he represented the Selby constituency.
- Fourteen members represent London constituencies, the other 11 are London-wide and their job is to scrutinise and monitor the mayor's performance.
- Five contenders for the rural constituency were asked their opinion on a decision to shelve flood defence plans for Pickering.
- The implication here is that there is something wrong with parties serving the interests of particular constituencies, that instead they ought somehow to be above, well, politics.
- Such is the sullenness towards him in some constituencies of opinion that they don't want to hear him when he wants to reach out to them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.