Translation of constituency in Spanish:
noun plural -cies
- 1.1 (area)circunscripción (feminine) or distrito (masculine) electoralExample sentences1.2 (supporters)
electores (masculine plural) potenciales (de una circunscripción electoral)Example sentences
- He represents the Meath constituency in the Dail and as a result of his appointment will resign his seat and a by-election will be held in Meath.
- The seat was abolished following boundary changes in 1983, after which he represented the Selby constituency.
- Fourteen members represent London constituencies, the other 11 are London-wide and their job is to scrutinise and monitor the mayor's performance.
- Five contenders for the rural constituency were asked their opinion on a decision to shelve flood defence plans for Pickering.
- The implication here is that there is something wrong with parties serving the interests of particular constituencies, that instead they ought somehow to be above, well, politics.
- Such is the sullenness towards him in some constituencies of opinion that they don't want to hear him when he wants to reach out to them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.