Translation of constitution in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (of country) constitución (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (of association, party) estatutos (masculine plural)
- Those of us who worry about the constitution will face the precedent that this Government has established of being able to tinker with judges.
- Even from the standpoint of elementary bourgeois democratic principles, the constitution is a travesty.
- All that the Government can think of is to hang on to power - never mind about the constitution, democratic principle, or what is right.
- 2 countable/numerable (of person) constitución (feminine), complexión (feminine) to have a strong/weak constitution ser* de constitución or complexión fuerte/débilExample sentences
- Unless planets are afflicted in Leo, the sign usually indicates strong vitality and a healthy constitution.
- Clinically, it has been used to treat patients with reduced physical strength, cold constitution, anemia and anorexia.
- This shows that in the early years of life the subject's health was poor or delicate, but with care, the subject in later years developed robust vitality and a strong constitution.
- Depending on which elements are dominant in our constitution we display certain characteristics and tendencies linked to those elemental qualities.
- This process highlights one of the truly bizarre characteristics of the Canadian constitution.
- Don't laugh, we with delicate psychological constitutions find life a bit much now and then.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (make-up, composition) constitución (feminine)Example sentences
- Advances in knowledge also indicate that a person's genetic constitution influences the risk of cancer after irradiation.
- Even her insight is nothing more than the complex and dynamic active traces of her genetic constitution and personal history.
- The particular powers had by a given object have their basis in its underlying nature - its chemical, physical, or genetic constitution and structure.
- 4 uncountable/no numerable (establishment) constitución (feminine)Example sentences
- The Erie Brackish Water desalination plant shall be overseen by the Department of the Interior, both during its constitution and following its completion.
- This return of the ‘real’ marks an outside always present within discourse, for the outside is continuously abjected by discourse during its constitution.
- During its constitution, this system is shaped to be blind to the components of the organism itself and, at the same time, acquires an astonishing capacity to detect a myriad of structures, even ones which do not occur in nature.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a