Translation of constitution in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (of country)Example sentences1.2 (of association, party)
estatutos (masculine plural)Example sentences
- Those of us who worry about the constitution will face the precedent that this Government has established of being able to tinker with judges.
- Even from the standpoint of elementary bourgeois democratic principles, the constitution is a travesty.
- All that the Government can think of is to hang on to power - never mind about the constitution, democratic principle, or what is right.
- The Erie Brackish Water desalination plant shall be overseen by the Department of the Interior, both during its constitution and following its completion.
- This return of the ‘real’ marks an outside always present within discourse, for the outside is continuously abjected by discourse during its constitution.
- During its constitution, this system is shaped to be blind to the components of the organism itself and, at the same time, acquires an astonishing capacity to detect a myriad of structures, even ones which do not occur in nature.
- 2 countable (of person) to have a strong/weak constitutionser de constitución or complexión fuerte/débilExample sentences
- Unless planets are afflicted in Leo, the sign usually indicates strong vitality and a healthy constitution.
- Clinically, it has been used to treat patients with reduced physical strength, cold constitution, anemia and anorexia.
- This shows that in the early years of life the subject's health was poor or delicate, but with care, the subject in later years developed robust vitality and a strong constitution.
- Depending on which elements are dominant in our constitution we display certain characteristics and tendencies linked to those elemental qualities.
- This process highlights one of the truly bizarre characteristics of the Canadian constitution.
- Don't laugh, we with delicate psychological constitutions find life a bit much now and then.
- 3 uncountable (make-up, composition)Example sentences
- Advances in knowledge also indicate that a person's genetic constitution influences the risk of cancer after irradiation.
- Even her insight is nothing more than the complex and dynamic active traces of her genetic constitution and personal history.
- The particular powers had by a given object have their basis in its underlying nature - its chemical, physical, or genetic constitution and structure.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Cultural Note: Constitution
La Constitución de los EEUU, escrita después de que el país se independizara de Gran Bretaña, fue ratificada en 1789 por representantes de cada una de las trece ex colonias (→ thirteen Colonies) que conformaban los Estados Unidos, incluidos algunos de los padres de la nación ( → Founding Fathers - The Founding Fathers). La Constitución estableció los tres poderes de gobierno, el legislativo ( → Congress), el judicial ( → Supreme Court), y el ejecutivo ( → President). La separación de poderes fue ideada a fin de evitar que cualquiera adquiriera demasiada autoridad. El texto básico de la Constitución nunca ha cambiado, pero desde 1789 se le han hecho 27 enmiendas. Las primeras diez enmiendas se conocen como the → Bill of Rights.