Translation of constitution in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (of country) constitución (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (of association, party) estatutos (masculine plural)
- Those of us who worry about the constitution will face the precedent that this Government has established of being able to tinker with judges.
- Even from the standpoint of elementary bourgeois democratic principles, the constitution is a travesty.
- All that the Government can think of is to hang on to power - never mind about the constitution, democratic principle, or what is right.
- 2 countable/numerable (of person) constitución (feminine), complexión (feminine) to have a strong/weak constitution ser* de constitución or complexión fuerte/débilExample sentences
- Unless planets are afflicted in Leo, the sign usually indicates strong vitality and a healthy constitution.
- Clinically, it has been used to treat patients with reduced physical strength, cold constitution, anemia and anorexia.
- This shows that in the early years of life the subject's health was poor or delicate, but with care, the subject in later years developed robust vitality and a strong constitution.
- Depending on which elements are dominant in our constitution we display certain characteristics and tendencies linked to those elemental qualities.
- This process highlights one of the truly bizarre characteristics of the Canadian constitution.
- Don't laugh, we with delicate psychological constitutions find life a bit much now and then.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (make-up, composition) constitución (feminine)Example sentences
- Advances in knowledge also indicate that a person's genetic constitution influences the risk of cancer after irradiation.
- Even her insight is nothing more than the complex and dynamic active traces of her genetic constitution and personal history.
- The particular powers had by a given object have their basis in its underlying nature - its chemical, physical, or genetic constitution and structure.
- 4 uncountable/no numerable (establishment) constitución (feminine)Example sentences
- The Erie Brackish Water desalination plant shall be overseen by the Department of the Interior, both during its constitution and following its completion.
- This return of the ‘real’ marks an outside always present within discourse, for the outside is continuously abjected by discourse during its constitution.
- During its constitution, this system is shaped to be blind to the components of the organism itself and, at the same time, acquires an astonishing capacity to detect a myriad of structures, even ones which do not occur in nature.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.