- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (of building, road, ship) construcción (feminine) road construction construcción de carreteras to be under construction estar* en construcción (before noun/delante del nombre) [industry/worker] de la construcción; [toy/set] (American English/inglés norteamericano) para construir modelos construction company (empresa (f)) constructora (f), empresa (f) de la construcción construction site obra (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (of theory) construcción (f), elaboración (f)
- With two housing developments currently under construction in Bangor, the town has got a major face-lift in the last five years.
- Another day, James hops a city bus and rides it to the end of the line, a field out in the country where new housing is under construction.
- It is located near a nursing home on extensive grounds and there is a housing development under construction to the southern side.
More example sentences1.3 [Linguistics/Lingüística] [Mathematics/Matemáticas] construcción (feminine)
- Not many responders had a history of dusty work, such as experience in road and building construction and the cement industry.
- Today, the main use of bitumen is in the road making industry for construction and maintenance.
- The CFMEU represents workers in mining and construction, two industries where there is a greater risk than most that workers won't make it home at the end of the day.
More example sentences
- It's all very big and heady - the world of abstract construction - but it's child's play, really.
- This book should generate some lively ideas for creative work tying in with construction and invention, imagination and probability.
- We did a lot of creative construction back in the founding.
More example sentences
- Some furniture is just butted up together and is nailed, I do not recommend that style of construction.
- Application of a water repellent does not negate proper brick construction and detailing procedures.
- Santa Barbara has a strict planning code that forces architects and developers to use a Spanish style of construction, and prohibits any building of more than two storeys.
- The only solution is that both are uses of the plain form in a subjunctive main clause construction.
- Language experts can tell from sentence construction, phrase and idiom whether or not you think in the language of your speech or writing.
- That tells us that the construction is an interrogative complement clause in each case.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (design, composition) construcción (feminine) faults in construction defectos (masculine plural) de construcción
- 3 countable/numerable (structure) estructura (f), construcción (f)More example sentences
- Our present building is a modern construction with seven classrooms.
- The group has been equally impressed by less spectacular constructions - bus shelters, flyovers, washing machines.
- Older buildings still outnumber newer constructions unlike so many Thai towns and cities.
- 4 countable/numerable (interpretation) interpretación (feminine) you're putting a wrong construction on what she said estás dando una interpretación errónea a sus palabras, estás malinterpretando sus palabrasMore example sentences
- The reader will not expect to find in these pages any novel views, and novel constructions of the Constitution.
- However, an analysis of early modern constructions of perception and the role of the passions, reveals something slightly different.
- So I would argue that moralities be understood as constructions, which creates a space in which they can be interrogated.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.