Translation of contact in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (physical) contacto (masculine) avoid contact with the skin/eyes evite el contacto con la piel/los ojos bodily contact is not allowed in this sport no se permite el contacto físico en este deporte to come in/into contact with sth hacer* contacto con algo the plane's wheels made contact with the ground las ruedas del avión tocaron tierra point of contact punto (masculine) de contacto (before noun/delante del nombre) contact adhesive adhesivo (masculine) de contactoExample sentences1.2 u and c (association, communication) contacto (masculine) to have contact with sb tener* contacto or trato con algn, tratarse con algn we had little contact no teníamos mucho contacto or trato, no nos tratábamos mucho my contact with him was purely professional mi trato con él era exclusivamente profesional radio contact contacto por radio to come in/into contact with sb tratar a algn to be/get in contact with sb estar*/ponerse* en contacto con algn to lose contact with sb perder* (el) contacto con algn the agents failed to make contact los agentes no lograron establecer contacto be sure to make contact with our office no deje de ponerse en contacto con nuestra oficina
- It is spread by coming in contact with the blood of an infected person.
- I found that my left hand was resting on my own forehead, not quite in contact with it but touching the ends of the fine, raised little hairs standing up on my skin.
- Lice are wingless and they cannot jump, unlike fleas, but instead they spread through physical contact.
- His family lost contact with him for six nerve-racking hours, before finally getting word that he was safe and well.
- He had lost contact with his family and deteriorated into alcoholism.
- Det Insp Chris Binns said Donna had lost contact with her family and fallen in with the ‘wrong crowd’.
- They want ministers and civil servants to give annual reports about all meetings or significant contacts with lobbyists, their clients or other special-interest groups.
- As a matter of fact, we are continuing our contacts and meetings.
- This had the additional benefit of keeping communities to a size that allowed face-to-face communication and intimate personal contacts between all members.
- 2 [Electricity/Electricidad] 2.1 uncountable/no numerable (connection) contacto (masculine) to make contact hacer* contacto to break contact interrumpir el contacto 2.2 countable/numerable (terminal) contacto (masculine)Example sentences
- Method and apparatus for preparing and metallizing high aspect ratio silicon semiconductor device contacts to reduce the resistivity thereof
- Grounding contacts are disposed adjacent the ball contacts, where the grounding contacts are electrically connected to the ground plane.
- The conductive contact will electrically connect with the diffused region through the landing pad.
- 3 countable/numerable (influential person) contacto (masculine) he got the job through contacts consiguió el trabajo a través de sus contactos
- 4 countable/numerable [Medicine/Medicina] all the carrier's contacts must be traced deben localizarse todas las personas que hayan estado en contacto con el portadorExample sentences
- Generally, a soil-applied herbicide is applied with or after the contact herbicide.
- The circuit is completed when the contact in the bolt touches the contact area of the primer.
- Turns out the kid has a contact dermatitis from where his thighs are rubbing together.
- Brooks and colleagues also found variability in the number of latent infections among contacts of 21 patients with TB.
- Identification of contacts of patients with infectious TB and treatment of those at risk with an effective drug regimen.
- No healthcare workers in the clinic or close contacts of the patients became infected.
- 5 countable/numerable [colloquial/familiar] contact lensExample sentences
- In doing so they may gain information, opportunities, contacts, networks, and assistance.
- A secondary benefit of these contacts is the information you impart regarding your camp mission, programming, and counseling opportunities.
- Rose suspects it happens frequently, that officers use whatever opportunities arise with juveniles to pump contacts for information and ask them to be informers.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- ponerse* en contacto con, contactar (con) where can I contact you? ¿dónde puedo contactarlo or localizarlo?, ¿cómo puedo contactar con usted?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.