Translation of contact in Spanish:
nounAmerican English: /ˈkɑnˌtækt/ British English: /ˈkɒntakt/
- 1 1.1 uncountable (physical) avoid contact with the skin/eyesevite el contacto con la piel/los ojosbodily contact is not allowed in this sportno se permite el contacto físico en este deporteto come in/into contact with somethinghacer contacto con algothe plane's wheels made contact with the groundlas ruedas del avión tocaron tierrapoint of contact (before noun) contact adhesiveadhesivo (masculine) de contactoExample sentences1.2 uncountable or countable (association, communication) to have contact with somebody
tener contacto or trato con alguienwe had little contact
- It is spread by coming in contact with the blood of an infected person.
- I found that my left hand was resting on my own forehead, not quite in contact with it but touching the ends of the fine, raised little hairs standing up on my skin.
- Lice are wingless and they cannot jump, unlike fleas, but instead they spread through physical contact.
tratarse con alguienno teníamos mucho contacto or tratomy contact with him was purely professional
no nos tratábamos muchomi trato con él era exclusivamente profesionalradio contactcontacto por radioto come in/into contact with somebodytratar a alguiento be/get in contact with somebodyestar/ponerse en contacto con alguiento lose contact with somebodyperder (el) contacto con alguienthe agents failed to make contactlos agentes no lograron establecer contactobe sure to make contact with our officeno deje de ponerse en contacto con nuestra oficinaExample sentences
- His family lost contact with him for six nerve-racking hours, before finally getting word that he was safe and well.
- He had lost contact with his family and deteriorated into alcoholism.
- Det Insp Chris Binns said Donna had lost contact with her family and fallen in with the ‘wrong crowd’.
- They want ministers and civil servants to give annual reports about all meetings or significant contacts with lobbyists, their clients or other special-interest groups.
- As a matter of fact, we are continuing our contacts and meetings.
- This had the additional benefit of keeping communities to a size that allowed face-to-face communication and intimate personal contacts between all members.
- 2 (Electricity) 2.1 uncountable (connection) to make contacthacer contactoto break contactinterrumpir el contacto2.2 countable (terminal)Example sentences
- Method and apparatus for preparing and metallizing high aspect ratio silicon semiconductor device contacts to reduce the resistivity thereof
- Grounding contacts are disposed adjacent the ball contacts, where the grounding contacts are electrically connected to the ground plane.
- The conductive contact will electrically connect with the diffused region through the landing pad.
- 3 countable (influential person) he got the job through contactsconsiguió el trabajo a través de sus contactosExample sentences
- In doing so they may gain information, opportunities, contacts, networks, and assistance.
- A secondary benefit of these contacts is the information you impart regarding your camp mission, programming, and counseling opportunities.
- Rose suspects it happens frequently, that officers use whatever opportunities arise with juveniles to pump contacts for information and ask them to be informers.
- 4 countable (Medicine)all the carrier's contacts must be traceddeben localizarse todas las personas que hayan estado en contacto con el portadorExample sentences
- Brooks and colleagues also found variability in the number of latent infections among contacts of 21 patients with TB.
- Identification of contacts of patients with infectious TB and treatment of those at risk with an effective drug regimen.
- No healthcare workers in the clinic or close contacts of the patients became infected.
- 5 countable [colloquial] → contact lens
transitive verbAmerican English: /ˈkɑnˌtækt/ , /kənˈtækt/ British English: /ˈkɒntakt/ , /kənˈtakt/
- ponerse en contacto conwhere can I contact you?
contactar (con)¿dónde puedo contactarlo or localizarlo?
¿cómo puedo contactar con usted?Example sentences
- For more information you can contact any committee member or the phone numbers below.
- The closing date for payment of the same is March 31st and for further information contact any member of the executive.
- For further information please contact any committee member or look in local press.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.