Translation of contemplate in Spanish:
- 1 (look at)Example sentences
- Evan let his left hand slide away from the computer terminal as he spoke, thoughtfully contemplating the carpeted floor for a moment.
- Nancy replied, sitting on a chair opposite me and pulling her knees up to her chest, resting her chin on her knees as she contemplated me thoughtfully.
- Sitting on her bed she contemplated the phone thoughtfully - well if Nathan wasn't around he couldn't stop her from making a quick phone call.
- 2 (ponder)(Religion)
meditar sobreExample sentences
- I boarded a plane for 20 hours of flying - lots of time to reflect on the past and contemplate the future.
- It can feel like an overwhelming position but one that you are considering if you have begun to contemplate your readiness.
- He began contemplating a political race before his 16-year-old son died in a 1996 car crash.
- As Boone sits on the beach contemplating what could have been, he turns to look at Jack with a resentment that goes unnoticed.
- Seats carved with verses - many referring to Lady Mary and her empathy with the scenery - have been placed at strategic intervals along the route, to sit and contemplate.
- It's at times like these when I sit and contemplate and plot.
- 3 (consider possibility of)to contemplate something/
-ingshe is contemplating a trip to Chinaestá pensando or proyectando hacer un viaje a la ChinaI contemplated phoning herpensé (en) llamarlaExample sentences
- But when we actually contemplated some evil intention directed towards us, it seemed a little chillier.
- The book forced me to contemplate my own intentions in participating in a graduate education program that has a partnership with a predominantly Black school.
- Alexander stood at the edge of the balcony for a moment, contemplating the quandary, intently observed by Constantine.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.