- 1.1 (look at) contemplarMore example sentences1.2 (ponder) [position/alternatives] contemplar, considerar; [Religion/Religión] meditar sobre
More example sentences
- Evan let his left hand slide away from the computer terminal as he spoke, thoughtfully contemplating the carpeted floor for a moment.
- Nancy replied, sitting on a chair opposite me and pulling her knees up to her chest, resting her chin on her knees as she contemplated me thoughtfully.
- Sitting on her bed she contemplated the phone thoughtfully - well if Nathan wasn't around he couldn't stop her from making a quick phone call.
More example sentences1.3 (consider possibility of)to contemplate sth/
- I boarded a plane for 20 hours of flying - lots of time to reflect on the past and contemplate the future.
- It can feel like an overwhelming position but one that you are considering if you have begun to contemplate your readiness.
- He began contemplating a political race before his 16-year-old son died in a 1996 car crash.
- As Boone sits on the beach contemplating what could have been, he turns to look at Jack with a resentment that goes unnoticed.
- Seats carved with verses - many referring to Lady Mary and her empathy with the scenery - have been placed at strategic intervals along the route, to sit and contemplate.
- It's at times like these when I sit and contemplate and plot.
-ingshe is contemplating a trip to China está pensando or proyectando hacer un viaje a la China I contemplated phoning her pensé (en) llamarla 1.4 (expect) [criticized usage/uso criticado] prever* do you contemplate any difficulties? ¿prevé alguna dificultad or que vaya a haber dificultades?More example sentences
- But when we actually contemplated some evil intention directed towards us, it seemed a little chillier.
- The book forced me to contemplate my own intentions in participating in a graduate education program that has a partnership with a predominantly Black school.
- Alexander stood at the edge of the balcony for a moment, contemplating the quandary, intently observed by Constantine.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Bullfighting is popular in Spain and in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela. For some Spaniards it is crucial to Spanish identity. The season runs from March to October in Spain, from November to March in Latin America.