Translation of contempt in Spanish:
- 1 (scorn) he felt nothing but contempt for themno sentía más que desprecio or desdén por elloshe treated her with contemptla trataba con desprecio or desdénto hold something/somebody in contemptdespreciar or desdeñar algo/a alguiento be beneath contemptser despreciable or deleznableExample sentences
- Most Britons greeted this fraud with the scorn and contempt it deserves.
- Just another scenario where caring for someone close to me gets me nothing by contempt, scorn and hate in return.
- Later, I decided that I deserved his contempt, and I hated myself for what I had written.
- It observes that the disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts that have outraged the conscience of mankind.
- Aquinas believed good law must be enforceable, otherwise it would be disregarded and risk causing contempt for all laws.
- Demands for respect while showing contempt for the religions and cultures of others has denied them any empathy for their perceived grievances.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.