Translation of contempt in Spanish:
- 1 (scorn) desprecio (masculine), desdén (masculine) he felt nothing but contempt for them no sentía más que desprecio or desdén por ellos he treated her with contempt la trataba con desprecio or desdén to hold sth/sb in contempt despreciar or desdeñar algo/a algn to be beneath contempt ser* despreciable or deleznableExample sentences
- Most Britons greeted this fraud with the scorn and contempt it deserves.
- Just another scenario where caring for someone close to me gets me nothing by contempt, scorn and hate in return.
- Later, I decided that I deserved his contempt, and I hated myself for what I had written.
- It observes that the disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts that have outraged the conscience of mankind.
- Aquinas believed good law must be enforceable, otherwise it would be disregarded and risk causing contempt for all laws.
- Demands for respect while showing contempt for the religions and cultures of others has denied them any empathy for their perceived grievances.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.