Translation of contempt in Spanish:
- 1 (scorn) desprecio (masculine), desdén (masculine) he felt nothing but contempt for them no sentía más que desprecio or desdén por ellos he treated her with contempt la trataba con desprecio or desdén to hold sth/sb in contempt despreciar or desdeñar algo/a algn to be beneath contempt ser* despreciable or deleznableExample sentences
- Most Britons greeted this fraud with the scorn and contempt it deserves.
- Just another scenario where caring for someone close to me gets me nothing by contempt, scorn and hate in return.
- Later, I decided that I deserved his contempt, and I hated myself for what I had written.
- It observes that the disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts that have outraged the conscience of mankind.
- Aquinas believed good law must be enforceable, otherwise it would be disregarded and risk causing contempt for all laws.
- Demands for respect while showing contempt for the religions and cultures of others has denied them any empathy for their perceived grievances.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.