Translation of contempt in Spanish:
- 1 (scorn) he felt nothing but contempt for themhe treated her with contemptno sentía más que desprecio or desdén por ellosto hold something/somebody in contemptla trataba con desprecio or desdénto be beneath contemptdespreciar or desdeñar algo/a alguienser despreciable or deleznableExample sentences
- Most Britons greeted this fraud with the scorn and contempt it deserves.
- Just another scenario where caring for someone close to me gets me nothing by contempt, scorn and hate in return.
- Later, I decided that I deserved his contempt, and I hated myself for what I had written.
- It observes that the disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts that have outraged the conscience of mankind.
- Aquinas believed good law must be enforceable, otherwise it would be disregarded and risk causing contempt for all laws.
- Demands for respect while showing contempt for the religions and cultures of others has denied them any empathy for their perceived grievances.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the