Translation of contempt in Spanish:
- 1 (scorn) desprecio (masculine), desdén (masculine) he felt nothing but contempt for them no sentía más que desprecio or desdén por ellos he treated her with contempt la trataba con desprecio or desdén to hold sth/sb in contempt despreciar or desdeñar algo/a algn to be beneath contempt ser* despreciable or deleznableExample sentences
- Most Britons greeted this fraud with the scorn and contempt it deserves.
- Just another scenario where caring for someone close to me gets me nothing by contempt, scorn and hate in return.
- Later, I decided that I deserved his contempt, and I hated myself for what I had written.
- It observes that the disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts that have outraged the conscience of mankind.
- Aquinas believed good law must be enforceable, otherwise it would be disregarded and risk causing contempt for all laws.
- Demands for respect while showing contempt for the religions and cultures of others has denied them any empathy for their perceived grievances.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.