- (predicative) to be content
withsomethingI'm quite content with my new jobestar contento conalgonot content with raising taxes …estoy muy contento con mi nuevo trabajohe's content to look after the childrenno contentos con subir los impuestos …está contento cuidando a los niñosExample sentences
- But ten days ago both sides were quite content with the result, both realising that they had come perilously close to losing.
- We have had the investment for only a month and we are quite content with it.
- Australia's politicians and their advisers seem very content with our present defence policies and prescriptions.
- to content oneself
withsomething/ -ingyou'll have to content yourself with a little less to start withcontentarse or conformarse conalgo/+ infinitivepara empezar te tendrás que contentar con un poco menosExample sentences
- Don't content yourself with an adequate performance from yourself or your students.
- I contented myself with not doing a very good job on the canteen chairs.
- In the meantime, content yourself with what you imagined it would've sounded like.
- uncountable(contentment) [literary]Example sentences
- That's unfair - the more so because it was Stern's style and content of speech that made him rich in the first place.
- Angelina's family background informed the style and content of her literary works.
- Yet despite all that it probably was still the speech of his life - strong on content if short on style.
- 1also: contents plural(of box, bottle, book)the house will be sold with its contentscontenidos (masculine plural)she read the contents of the letterla casa se venderá con todos los mueblescontents 200 approxleyó la carta(table of) contentscontenido: aprox 200(in magazine)Example sentences
- Each section begins with its own table of contents and lists chapters and subchapters of that section.
- There is certainly a detailed list of contents at the front of the book, but this is not an alphabetic index.
- The search will produce a web page containing the book's table of contents, a sample chapter, and a list of the corporate sponsors.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (amount contained) sugar/lead contentvitamin content the silver content of the alloycontenido de azúcar/plomo2.2 (substance)la cantidad or proporción de plata que contiene la aleaciónExample sentences
- Besides, the fat content was too low for long-term use.
- Also, because of its low fat content, they are considered the most digestible and least likely to bring about sickness.
- Eat meals with a low fat content, and avoid coffee, chocolate, milk, alcohol, nicotine and tomatoes.
- All orders come packaged in the eponymous brown box and wrapped in parcel paper - but their contents include a dazzling array of delights.
- Firebugs who torched a double garage wrecked the contents, including a car and a freezer packed with food, it was revealed today.
- Christina had crawled off of her bed and packed a bag to take with her, its contents including enough money to return to Los Angeles.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the