- 1 1.1 u (dispute) who was responsible is still in contention todavía se discute quién fue el responsable the matter in contention el asunto en discusión her motives are not in contention nadie pone en tela de juicio sus intencionesMore example sentences1.2 (competition) he's still in contention for a medal todavía tiene posibilidades de llevarse una medalla she's out of contention in this race en esta carrera no tiene ninguna posibilidad or (AmL tb) chance
- Sea power's dominance, however, has been a point of contention among military historians.
- Another area of much contention is the desired level of channel control sought by the manufacturer.
- The basis for this contention among British doctors seems even more tenuous.
- 2 c (assertion) opinión (f) it is her contention that … ella sostiene que …, a su modo de ver …More example sentences
- I am not saying you do not have arguments against the contentions the applicant would wish to make.
- But to this point, the administration has offered few direct answers to the particular contentions of the critics.
- We say that if it is necessary, the second respondent in its argument has raised a contention.
Browse other language resources
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...