Translation of contention in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (dispute) who was responsible is still in contentiontodavía se discute quién fue el responsablethe matter in contentionel asunto en discusiónher motives are not in contentionnadie pone en tela de juicio sus intencionesExample sentences1.2 (competition) he's still in contention for a medal
todavía tiene posibilidades de llevarse una medallashe's out of contention in this raceen esta carrera no tiene ninguna posibilidad or (Latin America tb) chance
- Sea power's dominance, however, has been a point of contention among military historians.
- Another area of much contention is the desired level of channel control sought by the manufacturer.
- The basis for this contention among British doctors seems even more tenuous.
- 2 countable (assertion) it is her contention that …ella sostiene que …
a su modo de ver …Example sentences
- I am not saying you do not have arguments against the contentions the applicant would wish to make.
- But to this point, the administration has offered few direct answers to the particular contentions of the critics.
- We say that if it is necessary, the second respondent in its argument has raised a contention.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.