Translation of contentious in Spanish:
- 1.1 [issue/decision] polémico, muy discutidoExample sentences1.2 [person] discutidor
- The most contentious issue is likely to be a provision encouraging commissioners to facilitate voluntary co-operation by witness to be heard in private.
- Of course controversies and contentious issues have emerged.
- As I stated in the opening paragraph of my article, the issue is contentious and controversial.
- A small, dark, contentious people known as the Picts held sway over the islands until the eighth and ninth centuries, when Viking invaders arrived.
- I don't like breaches and I am not a particularly contentious person at all, but if my back is against the wall I can certainly muster all my inner forces.
- At about the same time, the Pentagon's exultation of a contentious personality reflected an increasingly codified belief in speed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the