- 1.1 (competition) [Games/Juegos] concurso (masculine); [Sport/Deporte] competencia (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) , competición (feminine) (Spain/España) ; (in boxing) combate (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (struggle, battle) lucha (feminine), contienda (feminine) the fight wasn't much of a contest la pelea no estuvo muy reñida it was no contest el resultado estaba cantado do you think they're a better team? — oh, no contest [colloquial/familiar] ¿te parecen un equipo mejor? — hombre, ni comparación
- Festivals are based on contests and events such as poetry readings, sports, and other activities.
- The technical events include quiz contests, an on-the-spot hardware design contest and a hardware debugging contest.
- Over 25 events, including contests, classes and fun games, will be held.
More example sentences
- It is also the outcome of the calculated political manipulation of the contest for the Democratic presidential nomination.
- Watching the Conservative Party leadership contest, political neutrals are unsure whether to laugh or cry.
- Then, presidential candidates can't ignore the early political contests in New Hampshire and Iowa, or can they?
- Part B concentrates on such contests and disputes, exploring them more systematically than did the prior materials.
- I don't at this stage, and I never have thought, that it's constructive to characterise it as a conflict or a contest.
- The contest over tropes of traditional Africa and measures of authenticity in postcolonial arts and politics can be thought of in a similar manner.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/kənˈtest/
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mexico's muralist movement flourished between the two World Wars during a time of nationalist fervor. It was led by Diego Rivera, José Clemente Orozco, and David Alfaro Siqueiros. Their work reflected revolutionary themes and working-class struggle. They decorated many public buildings.