Translation of context in Spanish:
noun/nombreu and c
- 1.1 [Linguistics/Lingüística] contexto (masculine) out of context fuera de contexto in context, it could even mean 'hostility' según el contexto, incluso podría significar 'hostilidad'Example sentences1.2 (situation, background) contexto (masculine)
- I like visiting the websites and see the words in their original context and formatting.
- The conceptualizations associated with a word will tend to vary somewhat according to the contexts in which the word is used.
- It also results in the legitimate public use of words that in other contexts are regarded as slang.
- I think if you can understand your contexts then you have power to use this to help yourself.
- It takes long to explain our context so you can understand the impact of such thing in our culture.
- This is down to his determination to place current events in a historical context.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.