nuncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable
- 1.1 [Linguistics/Lingüística] contexto (masculine) out of context fuera de contexto in context, it could even mean 'hostility' según el contexto, incluso podría significar 'hostilidad'More example sentences1.2 (situation, background) contexto (masculine)
More example sentences
- I like visiting the websites and see the words in their original context and formatting.
- The conceptualizations associated with a word will tend to vary somewhat according to the contexts in which the word is used.
- It also results in the legitimate public use of words that in other contexts are regarded as slang.
- I think if you can understand your contexts then you have power to use this to help yourself.
- It takes long to explain our context so you can understand the impact of such thing in our culture.
- This is down to his determination to place current events in a historical context.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.