Translation of continental in Spanish:
- 1 [Geography/Geografía] [slope/climate] continental
- 2 2.1 (European) [customs/cuisine] de Europa (continental) 2.2(Continental)(in US history) [Congress/soldier] de las colonias confederadasExample sentences
- Such locations were defined based on the latitude and longitude of the center of the country (or continental area) of origin.
- And we can say the same thing for other continents that all large continental areas are clearly having increases in temperature which are directly attributable to human activities.
- Earthquakes primarily represent a threat to areas where continental plates meet: Japan, Turkey, California, for example.
- Visitors can indulge in Indian, Chinese or Continental cuisine as well as delights from the bakery.
- Among the chief achievements of the Continental navy was to bring the war to Europe.
- Arguably, it is this route that Continental philosophy has followed ever since.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.