- 1 [Geography/Geografía] [slope/climate] continental
- 2 2.1 (European) [customs/cuisine] de Europa (continental) 2.2(Continental)(in US history) [Congress/soldier] de las colonias confederadasMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Such locations were defined based on the latitude and longitude of the center of the country (or continental area) of origin.
- And we can say the same thing for other continents that all large continental areas are clearly having increases in temperature which are directly attributable to human activities.
- Earthquakes primarily represent a threat to areas where continental plates meet: Japan, Turkey, California, for example.
- Visitors can indulge in Indian, Chinese or Continental cuisine as well as delights from the bakery.
- Among the chief achievements of the Continental navy was to bring the war to Europe.
- Arguably, it is this route that Continental philosophy has followed ever since.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.