- 1 [Geography/Geografía] [slope/climate] continental
- 2 2.1 (European) [customs/cuisine] de Europa (continental) 2.2(Continental)(in US history) [Congress/soldier] de las colonias confederadasMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Such locations were defined based on the latitude and longitude of the center of the country (or continental area) of origin.
- And we can say the same thing for other continents that all large continental areas are clearly having increases in temperature which are directly attributable to human activities.
- Earthquakes primarily represent a threat to areas where continental plates meet: Japan, Turkey, California, for example.
- Visitors can indulge in Indian, Chinese or Continental cuisine as well as delights from the bakery.
- Among the chief achievements of the Continental navy was to bring the war to Europe.
- Arguably, it is this route that Continental philosophy has followed ever since.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.