Translation of continuation in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (maintenance) mantenimiento (masculine) the continuation of the status quo el mantenimiento del status quoExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (resumption) reanudación (feminine), continuación (feminine)
Example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (extension — of street, canal) prolongación (feminine), continuación (feminine); (— of story, film) continuación (feminine)
- They said his continuation in office was ensuring that the tensions remained.
- The continuation of such appalling conditions is cause for anger and consternation across a wide spectrum of animal lovers.
- The safest course may well be for the lender to express its proposals for rehabilitation of the company in the form of conditions for continuation of its support.
- This e-mail is partly an afterthought and partly continuation of our discussion from last night.
- Perhaps the most obvious issue is resumption, continuation, or worsening of substance abuse.
- I note that one of the major recommendations was that continuation of research is critical to New Zealand's future.
- Sequels contain the continuations of powerful stories.
- She dined with presidents and prime ministers, often at her home, and frequently at the salons of the rich and powerful, where the conversations often were continuations of parliamentary or embassy debates.
- A lot of the problems that we have nowadays in the world are very obviously continuations and connections from things that have gone on long ago.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.