Translation of continue in Spanish:
- 1 (carry on) the meeting continued into the small hoursla reunión continuó or se prolongó hasta altas horas de la nocheExample sentences
- This persistence continued with the boy insisting that we have sweets at his employer's stall.
- Instead, companies continue to import and process raw coffee beans in Europe.
- The job destruction is continuing as the process of corporate restructuring intensifies.
- He added that the rescue operation would continue throughout today and promised a full investigation into what happened.
- This cycle continues throughout the security operation as events dictate.
- Cleaning, maintenance and service operations will continue throughout the warm-down period.
- If the weather continues to get warmer and the ice caps continue to melt, the level of the sea would rise and several of the sea ports that we know would be submerged.
- The heavy dew at this time of year reduces the need for watering but check if the weather continues to be warm and dry.
- Recruitment for the remaining forum positions is continuing.
- He politely checked the mobile with a quick glance each time, then continued without a pause.
- It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response. Shall we continue?
- The pause continues until he determines that it is time to speak again.
- 2 (resume)Example sentences
- Therefore, the group recommended continuing the trial due to the still uncertain balance of risks and benefits.
- My project was partially done and my boss asked me to recommend somebody to continue my project.
- If you get a keyboard error, press F1 to resume and then continue pressing the F8 key once every second.
- 4 (go, extend) continue down the hill as far as the crossroadscontinúa or sigue bajando la cuesta hasta llegar al crucewe continued on our wayreanudamos el caminoExample sentences
- At the key intersection the road signs direct travelers to either continue west or turn south.
- Justin pulled onto the main road and continued into the correct direction towards the highway.
- After taking in the views, the walk continues in the same direction northwards from the summit towards a wall on top of the plateau.
- 1 (keep on)continuarto continue
-ing/to + infinitivecontinuar or seguir +her work/health continues to improve gerundsu trabajo/salud continúa or sigue mejorandoshe continued speaking/workingcontinuó or siguió hablando/trabajando
- 3 (extend, prolong)Example sentences
- His gaze lifted, and he began walking, continuing his aimless trek around Seattle.
- When the U.S. economy begins and continues a strong recovery over a period of time, will they prosper?
- If its funding crisis continues it may well begin to lag behind others in building a profitable customer base.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.