- 1.1 (outline) contorno (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2
- Go through the gate and take the path which heads west and then northwest following the contours of a small hill.
- Lesson number two was how easy it is to be led away from your course by old tracks and the natural contours in the land.
- Before the invention of the fridge, the track, artfully cut into the contours of the hill, was used by muleteers to haul down snow to be stored in a deep pit, which can still be seen.
(contours plural)(curves) curvas (feminine plural)More example sentences
- If combined with the airborne laser scanner, the data can be used to develop digital terrain models, contours, intensity images and other elevation representations.
- In many cases the scale is not given, and in the littorals the bottom depth contours are not identified.
- Yet the map shows a broad swathe of relatively flat land skirting the foothills of the mountain at the 100ft / 33m contour, and extending up to Bundoran.
More example sentences1.3contour (line) curva (feminine) de nivel, cota (feminine)
- There is an almost abstract flavour to his creations - speedy outlines and contours take shape on the canvas as he moves about in a blur.
- Angles and curves, shapes and contours fascinate young minds.
- But Rosa's life is also a very modern one, its broad contours shaped by global economic forces and its details modified by individual needs and personal enterprise.
- A built-in Mathematica algorithm was used to fit contours to a lattice of values calculated by numerical solution of Equation 11 and Equation 12.
- The contours show that the steepest gradients surround the Earth and Sun, with the five Earth Lagrange Points located in equilibrium regions with relatively gentle gradient.
- On a map without contours, two communities cut off from one another by an impassable mountain may appear as close neighbours.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.