Translation of contraband in Spanish:
- 1 (goods)Example sentences
- It means that if a policeman tries to use illegally obtained contraband as evidence to charge a suspect, the court will readily strike down such illicit evidence.
- On the contrary, the moment a book becomes illegal contraband it is suddenly all the more desirable.
- With legal imports in 1998 of $15 billion, contraband accounted for 25 percent of all imports.
- 2 (smuggling)(before noun) (tobacco/alcohol)
de contrabandoExample sentences
- It survived on contraband and piracy, trading cattle, hides, sugar, tobacco, and foodstuffs directly with other nations.
- With caves, coves and beaches round the island, there was many a hiding place for smugglers, and contraband was a way of life on Portland - with even the man employed by the government to put a stop to the practice deeply involved.
- But like drugs, and alcohol during Prohibition, black-market contraband always provides a means to acquire whatever is the forbidden fruit of the moment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.