Translation of contraction in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (decrease in size, length)Example sentences1.2 countable (in childbirth)
Example sentences1.3 countable or uncountable (Linguistics)
- This is explained by the heavy decline in total export revenues during 1986 and severe contraction in the Jordanian export commodities other than phosphate.
- However, surges in the trade deficit need not cause general economic contraction if they are accompanied by growth of demand from other sources.
- The longer the economy continues to persist without any economic and market contraction, the more severe the crisis will be once it occurs.
- Cloves are even useful as a stimulant to strengthen uterine muscle contractions during childbirth.
- All patients were continuously monitored for fetal heart rate and uterine contractions.
- Such drugs increase the force and duration of uterine contractions.
- The contraction of a phrase, word, or part of a word, has the analogy of a telescope being closed: biodegradable for biologically degradable; sitcom for situation comedy.
- Yes, since time immemorial, either/or have been as close as two words can get without contraction.
- How do you mime the archaic exclamation ‘Zounds’, a contraction of ‘God's wounds’?
- You know you're struggling when you go back through the chapter to expand out some contractions to make your word count for the day…
- The brief was to produce a complete story in 100 words, exactly, not counting the title, and allowing contractions as one word.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.