Translation of contraction in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (decrease in size, length)Example sentences1.2 countable (in childbirth)
Example sentences1.3 countable or uncountable (Linguistics)
- This is explained by the heavy decline in total export revenues during 1986 and severe contraction in the Jordanian export commodities other than phosphate.
- However, surges in the trade deficit need not cause general economic contraction if they are accompanied by growth of demand from other sources.
- The longer the economy continues to persist without any economic and market contraction, the more severe the crisis will be once it occurs.
- Cloves are even useful as a stimulant to strengthen uterine muscle contractions during childbirth.
- All patients were continuously monitored for fetal heart rate and uterine contractions.
- Such drugs increase the force and duration of uterine contractions.
- The contraction of a phrase, word, or part of a word, has the analogy of a telescope being closed: biodegradable for biologically degradable; sitcom for situation comedy.
- Yes, since time immemorial, either/or have been as close as two words can get without contraction.
- How do you mime the archaic exclamation ‘Zounds’, a contraction of ‘God's wounds’?
- You know you're struggling when you go back through the chapter to expand out some contractions to make your word count for the day…
- The brief was to produce a complete story in 100 words, exactly, not counting the title, and allowing contractions as one word.
- 2 uncountable (of debt, disease)contracción (feminine) [formal]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.