Translation of contribute in Spanish:
hacer una aportación or (especially Latin America) un aporte de(suggestions/ideas)her performance contributes little to the production
aportarsu actuación aporta muy poco a la obraExample sentences
- Thanks to parental and extended family support the children proudly contributed money to their class events.
- Samuelson said another half dozen individuals had also contributed money but he declined to reveal their identities.
- They keep asking him if he's a member of or has ever contributed money to the Communist party.
(article/poem/paper)he contributed two essays to the volume
- I do well academically and contribute regularly to class discussions.
- It is a sad reflection on contemporary universities that academics contribute little to the discussion.
- Contributions from the floor make up the discussion, and all are encouraged to contribute.
escribirescribió dos ensayos para el libroExample sentences
- She was a capable journalist and contributed numerous articles to several Australian newspapers.
- He was also writing comic books and contributing articles to counter-culture magazines.
- She also spent a year contributing articles to her local newspaper.
- 1.1 (play significant part)to contribute (
tosomething) their efforts contributed to the success of the campaignsus esfuerzos contribuyeron al éxito de la campaña1.2 (give money)(make social security contributions)to contribute
hacer aportaciones or (Spain) cotizar or (River Plate area) aportar or hacer aportes or (Chile) imponer or hacer imposiciones
tosomethingthey all contributed to his presenttodos contribuyeron con dinero para su regaloto contribute to a fundhacer aportaciones or (especially Latin America) aportes a un fondo1.3 (participate)to contribute tosomethingparticiparshe contributes to class discussions enalgoparticipa en clase1.4 (Journalism)to contribute tosomethingshe contributes regularly to 'The Clarion'escribe regularmente para 'The Clarion'Example sentences
- This gives his music a totally unique touch and contributes to the general bleak atmosphere.
- It was a remarkable moment in Scottish politics, contributing to a resounding result.
- The narrow corridor and small doorways also contributes to the claustrophobic effect.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.