Translation of contribute in Spanish:
- 1.1(money/time)contribuir conhacer una aportación or (especially Latin America) un aporte de(suggestions/ideas)her performance contributes little to the productionsu actuación aporta muy poco a la obraExample sentences
- Thanks to parental and extended family support the children proudly contributed money to their class events.
- Samuelson said another half dozen individuals had also contributed money but he declined to reveal their identities.
- They keep asking him if he's a member of or has ever contributed money to the Communist party.
(article/poem/paper)he contributed two essays to the volumeescribió dos ensayos para el libroExample sentences
- I do well academically and contribute regularly to class discussions.
- It is a sad reflection on contemporary universities that academics contribute little to the discussion.
- Contributions from the floor make up the discussion, and all are encouraged to contribute.
- She was a capable journalist and contributed numerous articles to several Australian newspapers.
- He was also writing comic books and contributing articles to counter-culture magazines.
- She also spent a year contributing articles to her local newspaper.
- 1.1 (play significant part) See examples:to contribute (
tosomething) their efforts contributed to the success of the campaign1.2 (give money)sus esfuerzos contribuyeron al éxito de la campaña(make social security contributions)to contributehacer aportaciones or (Spain) cotizar or (River Plate area) aportar or hacer aportes or (Chile) imponer or hacer imposiciones tosomethingthey all contributed to his presentto contribute to a fundtodos contribuyeron con dinero para su regalo1.3 (participate) See examples:to contributehacer aportaciones or (especially Latin America) aportes a un fondo tosomethingshe contributes to class discussionsparticipar enalgo1.4 (Journalism)to contributeparticipa en clase tosomethingshe contributes regularly to 'The Clarion'escribe regularmente para 'The Clarion'Example sentences
- This gives his music a totally unique touch and contributes to the general bleak atmosphere.
- It was a remarkable moment in Scottish politics, contributing to a resounding result.
- The narrow corridor and small doorways also contributes to the claustrophobic effect.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to