Translation of contribute in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [money/time] contribuir* con, aportar, hacer* una aportación or (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) un aporte de; [suggestions/ideas] aportar her performance contributes little to the production su actuación aporta muy poco a la obraExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 [article/poem/paper] escribir* he contributed two essays to the volume escribió dos ensayos para el libro
- Thanks to parental and extended family support the children proudly contributed money to their class events.
- Samuelson said another half dozen individuals had also contributed money but he declined to reveal their identities.
- They keep asking him if he's a member of or has ever contributed money to the Communist party.
- I do well academically and contribute regularly to class discussions.
- It is a sad reflection on contemporary universities that academics contribute little to the discussion.
- Contributions from the floor make up the discussion, and all are encouraged to contribute.
- She was a capable journalist and contributed numerous articles to several Australian newspapers.
- He was also writing comic books and contributing articles to counter-culture magazines.
- She also spent a year contributing articles to her local newspaper.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (play significant part) to contribute (
tosth) contribuir* ( aalgo) their efforts contributed to the success of the campaign sus esfuerzos contribuyeron al éxito de la campaña 1.2 (give money) contribuir*; (make social security contributions) hacer* aportaciones or (Spain/España) cotizar* or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) aportar or hacer* aportes or (Chile) imponer* or hacer* imposicionesto contribute tosth they all contributed to his present todos contribuyeron con dinero para su regalo to contribute to a fund hacer* aportaciones or (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) aportes a un fondo 1.3 (participate) to contribute tosth participar enalgo she contributes to class discussions participa en clase 1.4 [Journalism/Periodismo]to contribute tosth she contributes regularly to 'The Clarion' escribe regularmente para 'The Clarion'Example sentences
- This gives his music a totally unique touch and contributes to the general bleak atmosphere.
- It was a remarkable moment in Scottish politics, contributing to a resounding result.
- The narrow corridor and small doorways also contributes to the claustrophobic effect.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.