- 1.1 [money/time] contribuir* con, aportar, hacer* una aportación or (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) un aporte de; [suggestions/ideas] aportar her performance contributes little to the production su actuación aporta muy poco a la obraMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [article/poem/paper] escribir* he contributed two essays to the volume escribió dos ensayos para el libro
- Thanks to parental and extended family support the children proudly contributed money to their class events.
- Samuelson said another half dozen individuals had also contributed money but he declined to reveal their identities.
- They keep asking him if he's a member of or has ever contributed money to the Communist party.
More example sentences
- I do well academically and contribute regularly to class discussions.
- It is a sad reflection on contemporary universities that academics contribute little to the discussion.
- Contributions from the floor make up the discussion, and all are encouraged to contribute.
- She was a capable journalist and contributed numerous articles to several Australian newspapers.
- He was also writing comic books and contributing articles to counter-culture magazines.
- She also spent a year contributing articles to her local newspaper.
- 1.1 (play significant part) to contribute (
tosth) contribuir* ( aalgo) their efforts contributed to the success of the campaign sus esfuerzos contribuyeron al éxito de la campaña 1.2 (give money) contribuir*; (make social security contributions) hacer* aportaciones or (Spain/España) cotizar* or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) aportar or hacer* aportes or (Chile) imponer* or hacer* imposicionesto contribute tosth they all contributed to his present todos contribuyeron con dinero para su regalo to contribute to a fund hacer* aportaciones or (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) aportes a un fondo 1.3 (participate) to contribute tosth participar enalgo she contributes to class discussions participa en clase 1.4 [Journalism/Periodismo]to contribute tosth she contributes regularly to 'The Clarion' escribe regularmente para 'The Clarion'More example sentences
- This gives his music a totally unique touch and contributes to the general bleak atmosphere.
- It was a remarkable moment in Scottish politics, contributing to a resounding result.
- The narrow corridor and small doorways also contributes to the claustrophobic effect.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Paradors are a national chain of hotels in Spain designed to give buildings such as former palaces, castles and monasteries a new lease of life and to bring tourism to economically disadvantaged areas. They are often luxurious but relatively inexpensive and emphasize local character and cooking.