- 1.1 countable/numerable (participation, part played) contribución (feminine) to make a contribution to sth hacer* una contribución a algo his contribution to the debate was most enlightening su intervención en el debate fue muy instructivaMore example sentences1.2 c and u (payment, donation) contribución (feminine); (to a fund) aportación (feminine), aporte (masculine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) ; (to social security fund) cotización (feminine), aporte (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , imposición (feminine) (Chile)
More example sentences
- As a result, teams can fail to leverage the unique contributions each member may bring.
- This family has made a major contribution to our social, cultural and historic heritage.
- All three students made a major contribution to the college's work to encourage good race relations in the town.
- Don't forget that there is a special collection box in each porch for contributions to the renovation fund.
- The organisation is a voluntary one, totally replying on contributions and fund raising.
- The centre would be funded through developers' contributions and additional lottery grants.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.