- 1.1 (opportune, suitable) conveniente Tuesday is not convenient for me el martes no me resulta conveniente or no me viene bien is there a convenient train tomorrow? ¿hay algún tren que me ( or te etc) convenga mañana? would it be convenient for me to call tomorrow? ¿estaría bien que pasara mañana? his resignation was most convenient for the firm su dimisión fue muy oportuna para la empresa or le vino muy bien a la empresaMore example sentences1.2 (neat, practical) práctico, cómodo a very convenient way of storing cassettes una manera muy práctica or cómoda de guardar los cassettes
More example sentences1.3 (handy, close) I always go to that supermarket, it's very convenient siempre voy a ese supermercado porque me queda muy a mano it's very convenient having the school so near resulta muy práctico tener la escuela tan cerca a convenient base from which to explore the region una base bien situada desde donde explorar la región it's so convenient for the station la estación queda tan a mano
- There are plenty of ways to make your meal plan convenient, appealing, and customized to fit your lifestyle.
- It wasn't as if he even particularly liked to swim; it was simply the most convenient physical activity.
- In the garden would be quite convenient as you are planning on mowing the lawn.
- The doctors responsible for children's heart surgery in Bristol provided convenient scapegoats.
- Yet a closer look at his record suggests that he is just a convenient scapegoat for a lot of people's stereotypes.
- The promissory note is a convenient tool, an additional guarantee to the bona fide commercial relationship.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.