Translation of convention in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (social code) convenciones (feminine plural), convencionalismos (masculine plural) convention dictates that one should wear black on such occasions es costumbre vestir de negro en tales ocasionesExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (established practice) convención (feminine) printers'/literary convention convención tipográfica/literaria
- But, and there is the rub, every member of the Cabinet is expected by acceptable social convention to then go out and promote and defend what has been pronounced.
- Most people err on the side of social convention, clapping politely as the drums pick up where the guitar left them, waiting for the drums to end to clap again while the stand-up bass does its thing.
- She loves his madness and his badness; she loves the way he made her feel that the two of them were united against everyone else, against all the things that convention and society demanded of them.
- This person will be expected to learn the software development lifecycle practices, methods, conventions, and standards of the computer industry.
- It overturns conventions and is taking on the global market leaders in a big way.
- Already in his mid forties by this time, his editorial and advertising photography broke with conventions of fashion imagery in radical ways.
- 2 countable/numerable (agreement) convención (feminine)Example sentences
- You have been signing treaties, conventions and protocols for children but have never honoured them with genuine intention and political will.
- But this is exactly what most international human rights treaties and conventions, and national laws do.
- As a trade Minister involved in all sorts of issues to do with conventions overseas and signing treaties, he has a better understanding than most.
- 3 countable/numerable (conference) convención (feminine), congreso (masculine) the Democratic convention (in US) la convención or el congreso del partido DemócrataExample sentences
- Be aware of ballet recitals, church conferences, conventions and club meetings.
- A participant in the drawing up of the constitution as a member of the constitutional convention, he now let loose a barrage of abuse against its opponents.
- I remind members of the convention that members should not conduct conversations in the House unless it is necessary, and then only in a way so as not to disturb the proceedings.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.