- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (social code) convenciones (feminine plural), convencionalismos (masculine plural) convention dictates that one should wear black on such occasions es costumbre vestir de negro en tales ocasionesMore example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (established practice) convención (feminine) printers'/literary convention convención tipográfica/literaria
More example sentences
- But, and there is the rub, every member of the Cabinet is expected by acceptable social convention to then go out and promote and defend what has been pronounced.
- Most people err on the side of social convention, clapping politely as the drums pick up where the guitar left them, waiting for the drums to end to clap again while the stand-up bass does its thing.
- She loves his madness and his badness; she loves the way he made her feel that the two of them were united against everyone else, against all the things that convention and society demanded of them.
- This person will be expected to learn the software development lifecycle practices, methods, conventions, and standards of the computer industry.
- It overturns conventions and is taking on the global market leaders in a big way.
- Already in his mid forties by this time, his editorial and advertising photography broke with conventions of fashion imagery in radical ways.
- 2 countable/numerable (agreement) convención (feminine)More example sentences
- You have been signing treaties, conventions and protocols for children but have never honoured them with genuine intention and political will.
- But this is exactly what most international human rights treaties and conventions, and national laws do.
- As a trade Minister involved in all sorts of issues to do with conventions overseas and signing treaties, he has a better understanding than most.
- 3 countable/numerable (conference) convención (feminine), congreso (masculine) the Democratic convention (in US) la convención or el congreso del partido DemócrataMore example sentences
- Be aware of ballet recitals, church conferences, conventions and club meetings.
- A participant in the drawing up of the constitution as a member of the constitutional convention, he now let loose a barrage of abuse against its opponents.
- I remind members of the convention that members should not conduct conversations in the House unless it is necessary, and then only in a way so as not to disturb the proceedings.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.