Translation of conversation in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (spoken communication) the art of conversationel arte de la conversaciónI got into conversation with a strangerentablé conversación con un desconocidothey were deep in conversationestaban en plena conversaciónto engage somebody in conversationentablar or trabar conversación con alguienwe made polite conversation until the cab arrivedestuvimos conversando amablemente hasta que llegó el taxishe has no conversationno tiene conversación(before noun) conversation class
no sabe conversarclase (feminine) de conversaciónExample sentences
- In conversation we discuss the power of music to get us through those dark nights of the soul.
- We tried to talk to him a few times, but he was not interested in conversation.
- Marriage came up in conversation as I asked him if he would consider getting married.
- 2 countable (talk) to have a conversation (about something)hablar de or conversar sobre algowe were having a conversation about youestábamos hablando de tiwe've had this conversation beforeya hemos hablado de esto anteshis remark was a real conversation stopper [colloquial]su comentario los ( or nos etc. ) dejó a todos callados
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.