Translation of conviction in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- 1 (Law)conviction (
forsomething) with that evidence they managed to secure a convictioncon esas pruebas lograron que se lo/la condenarahe had several previous convictions for thefttenía varias condenas previas por roboExample sentences
- The Court of Criminal Appeal quashed the conviction for murder and substituted one of manslaughter.
- The fact that a claimant has convictions for offences of dishonesty does not mean that a jury must disbelieve him.
- At an early stage the jury were told of the appellant's previous convictions.
- 2 (certainty, strong belief) he spoke without much conviction/from deep convictionhabló sin mucha convicción/con profunda conviccióntheir claim carried little convictionsu afirmación era muy poco convincenteshe grew up in the conviction that her father was dead [formal]creció con la convicción de que su padre estaba muertoExample sentences
- This afternoon I have tried to set before you some of my most deeply held convictions and beliefs.
- There is no reason why a BBC journalist should not have political convictions.
- And yet how can I turn away from my faith in God, my political convictions, my gender?
- The boy's voice lacked much conviction but worse than that he sounded as if he were about to cry.
- Kathy said but there was a lack of conviction in her voice now and I smiled inwardly.
- If you agree with me, then stand up with conviction for what we believe in and fight for it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.