Translation of convoy in Spanish:
- (of ships) convoy (masculine); (of vehicles) convoy (masculine), caravana (feminine) in convoy en convoy or caravanaExample sentences
- He had previous convictions after pretending to be a fleet manager sending aid convoys to Bosnia and twice posing as a police officer.
- Roosevelt had already pushed neutrality to the limit and had assigned warships to accompany convoys in the Atlantic.
- Too often, logistics convoys are thrown together at the last minute without even a combat order or a precombat inspection.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [ships/trucks] escoltar, convoyar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.