Translation of convulsion in Spanish:
- 1 (spasm) to have convulsionstener convulsioneshe went into convulsionsle dio un ataque convulsivotheir antics had us in convulsions [colloquial]nos desternillamos de risa con sus payasadas [colloquial]Example sentences
- Most children with febrile convulsions do not develop epilepsy.
- Many parents' dread of fevers has to do with the fear of fever convulsions or brain damage.
- The medicines are indicated for anxiety, insomnia, convulsions, and muscle relaxation.
- 2 (disturbance)Example sentences
- The country will go through numerous social and even political convulsions as it balances liberalization and a reform agenda with the need to maintain stability, peace and order.
- These scandals are all part of the general social convulsions and sea changes of modernism-postmodernism.
- Whoever would have thought that an item no bigger than an aspirin tablet would have caused such moral, social and even political convulsions?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.