Translation of cook in Spanish:
- he's a good cookcocinero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)to be chief cook and bottle-washerI'm not chief cook and bottle-washer here, you knowcocina muy bienes muy buen cocinerotoo many cooks spoil the brothmira que yo no soy la sirvienta or (especially Latin America) el mandaderoExample sentences
- I became aware of the cooks preparing food for us, and the servers serving us, and I began to feel grateful that they were all working so that I could sit!
- The biggest change in food television over the last five years has been the move away from showing cooks prepare food to revealing how they manage their careers and lives.
- One of the beautiful things about this open-plan restaurant is that you can watch the cooks prepare your food as you enjoy the surroundings.
- 1.1 (prepare) 1.2 (falsify) [colloquial](books/accounts)Example sentences
- When I heard that he had cooked his evidence, my first reaction was ‘how stupid’.
- A scientist who believes in the Creator is suspected of cooking the evidence to support his belief.
- Brinkley offers no evidence that the numbers were cooked or the questions were unfairly worded.
- When you're ready to prepare the dish, cook the pasta, drain it and set it aside.
- Everyone then headed back to the school kitchens for a health and safety run-through before preparing and cooking the three-course meal.
- In an ideal world, she said, everyone would prepare and cook their own meals without much salt and fat.
- 1.1 (prepare food) can you cook?1.2 (become ready)¿sabes cocinar or guisar?(food/meal)hacerseExample sentences1.3 (happen) [colloquial]what's cooking?
¿qué se está cociendo? [colloquial]¿qué se está tramando? [colloquial]Example sentences
- Inside the immaculately clean kitchen, bacon cooked in a frying pan on the stove.
- Many do feel that the food cooked in the microwave oven is not tasty.
- Food cooked in a microwave oven does not present a radiation risk.
- Evidently this has been cooking for several months, but the word recently leaked out, and a paper has been rushed to the online edition of Science.
- Meanwhile, more than 8,000 miles away in Mongolia, another egg surprise was cooking.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.