Translation of cookie in Spanish:
- 1.1 (biscuit)(American English) (Cookery)that's the way the cookie crumbles
galletita (feminine) (River Plate area)¡qué se le va a hacer!to be caught with one's hand in the cookie jarhe was caught with his hand in the cookie jar
¡así es la vida!lo agarraron or lo pillaron con las manos en la masa [colloquial]Example sentences1.2 (person) [colloquial]she's a smart cookie
es más lista que el hambre [colloquial]he's a tough cookiees un tipo durísimo [colloquial]Example sentences1.3 (term of endearment)
- But we don't have to give up the delicious combination of creamy icing and crisp chocolate cookie.
- The preparations will include varieties of rice items, sweets, fried items, cookies, cakes and juices.
- People set aside time to make cookies, cakes, and decorations.
(American English) [dated]1.4
- It is a waiting game and a praying game but he is a tough cookie.
- If they say I'm a tough cookie, it's because they're sloppy.
- But Andy is a tough cookie, and he is sticking it out.
cookie (feminine) or (masculine)
galleta (feminine)Example sentences
- He had failed to grasp the fact that the browser itself stores the cookies on the user's hard drive.
- The main purpose of a cookie is to identify users and possibly prepare customized Web pages for them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.