Translation of cookie in Spanish:
- 1.1 (biscuit) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Cookery/Cocina] galleta (feminine), galletita (feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) that's the way the cookie crumbles ¡qué se le va a hacer!, ¡así es la vida! to be caught with one's hand in the cookie jar he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar lo agarraron or lo pillaron con las manos en la masa [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences1.2 (person) [colloquial/familiar] she's a smart cookie es más lista que el hambre [colloquial/familiar] he's a tough cookie es un tipo durísimo [colloquial/familiar]
Example sentences1.3 (term of endearment) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [dated/anticuado], tesorito [colloquial/familiar] 1.4 [Computing/Informática] cookie (feminine) or (masculine), galleta (feminine)
- But we don't have to give up the delicious combination of creamy icing and crisp chocolate cookie.
- The preparations will include varieties of rice items, sweets, fried items, cookies, cakes and juices.
- People set aside time to make cookies, cakes, and decorations.
- It is a waiting game and a praying game but he is a tough cookie.
- If they say I'm a tough cookie, it's because they're sloppy.
- But Andy is a tough cookie, and he is sticking it out.
- He had failed to grasp the fact that the browser itself stores the cookies on the user's hard drive.
- The main purpose of a cookie is to identify users and possibly prepare customized Web pages for them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.