Translation of cord in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable 1.1 (string, rope)(of pajamas, curtains) cordón (masculine)Example sentences
- Alaine nodded and began rummaging round in the small dark brown suede money pouch she wore on a loose thin strand of black cord around her waist.
- To keep the deer from munching on the daylilies out front, they put a single strand of white cord along the entire length of the split rail fence.
- Cut the string or cord to the desired length, and thread it through the first bead.
Example sentences1.3 (Anatomy) → spinal cord, → umbilical cord, → vocal cords
- In your marketplace they traded with you beautiful garments, blue fabric, embroidered work and multicolored rugs with cords twisted and tightly knotted.
- Also, the rails carried black cords with black tassels hanging down, giving a sombre effect to the wooden coffin clamped to the trolley platform.
- The bungee jumpers now use special harnesses and strong elastic cords.
- Many works are connected to the wall by wires or electrical cords, which generate an invisible but dynamic source of energy in her work.
- She was used to the slight buzz of the electrical cords, but these wires hummed.
- So the last thing he wanted was a big-screen TV and a mess of electrical wires and cords invading the calm.
- The tendon is a cord that attaches a muscle to another body part.
- As they do this, they travel through a gap in the muscles of the abdomen, which then closes around the cords by which the testicles are attached.
- A cluster of nerve cells within the cord or brain is called a nucleus.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (fabric)Example sentences
- I dressed up in a long skirt and black cord jacket and we went shopping first.
- Confirmation comes when the photo-shoot of the duo comes in - Susannah has her bosom stuffed into the very same cord jacket.
- Yes, I was that person who wore purple cord dungarees and a purple jumper, like some ghastly walking advert for Cadbury's Dairy Milk.
also: cords plural(Clothing)pantalones (masculine plural) de pana ( or corderoy etc)
- Updated in wide chunky cord, team with a wrap skirt and chunky polo neck.
- 3 countable (measure of firewood)(medida para cargas de leña)Example sentences
- Firewood is generally sold by volume, the most common measure being the cord.
- Today I got two cords of seasoned wood delivered, and I started tossing it in the barn.
- Several cords of wood were stacked under a car-port roof and also they had a large, brick barbecue with a handy, half-gallon of kerosene in a plastic container.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.