Translation of cord in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable 1.1 (string, rope)(of pajamas, curtains)Example sentences
- Alaine nodded and began rummaging round in the small dark brown suede money pouch she wore on a loose thin strand of black cord around her waist.
- To keep the deer from munching on the daylilies out front, they put a single strand of white cord along the entire length of the split rail fence.
- Cut the string or cord to the desired length, and thread it through the first bead.
Example sentences1.3 (Anatomy) → spinal cord, → umbilical cord, → vocal cords
- In your marketplace they traded with you beautiful garments, blue fabric, embroidered work and multicolored rugs with cords twisted and tightly knotted.
- Also, the rails carried black cords with black tassels hanging down, giving a sombre effect to the wooden coffin clamped to the trolley platform.
- The bungee jumpers now use special harnesses and strong elastic cords.
- Many works are connected to the wall by wires or electrical cords, which generate an invisible but dynamic source of energy in her work.
- She was used to the slight buzz of the electrical cords, but these wires hummed.
- So the last thing he wanted was a big-screen TV and a mess of electrical wires and cords invading the calm.
- The tendon is a cord that attaches a muscle to another body part.
- As they do this, they travel through a gap in the muscles of the abdomen, which then closes around the cords by which the testicles are attached.
- A cluster of nerve cells within the cord or brain is called a nucleus.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (fabric) 2.2also: cords plural(Clothing)pantalones (masculine plural) de pana ( or corderoy etc)Example sentences
- I dressed up in a long skirt and black cord jacket and we went shopping first.
- Confirmation comes when the photo-shoot of the duo comes in - Susannah has her bosom stuffed into the very same cord jacket.
- Yes, I was that person who wore purple cord dungarees and a purple jumper, like some ghastly walking advert for Cadbury's Dairy Milk.
- Updated in wide chunky cord, team with a wrap skirt and chunky polo neck.
- 3 countable (measure of firewood)(medida para cargas de leña)Example sentences
- Firewood is generally sold by volume, the most common measure being the cord.
- Today I got two cords of seasoned wood delivered, and I started tossing it in the barn.
- Several cords of wood were stacked under a car-port roof and also they had a large, brick barbecue with a handy, half-gallon of kerosene in a plastic container.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.