- 1.1 (friendly) [smile/welcome] cordialMore example sentences1.2 (heartfelt) (before n) [dislike/hatred] cordial, profundo
- I did so hope Dallas would give the Kennedys a warm and very cordial welcome.
- I am sure the delegates and the athletes will enjoy a friendly and cordial welcome from the people of Athy.
- Could I first of all say a very warm and cordial welcome to you, Mr Justham, and indeed to your colleagues.
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.
- 1.1 (soft drink) refresco (m) (concentrado)More example sentences1.2 (liqueur) cordial (m)
More example sentences
- Fruit cordials are the perfect drink for both formal and informal occasions.
- Swapping fizzy drinks, fruit juices and cordials for nice cold plain water can make a big difference to children's dental health.
- A knowledge of the properties of syrups at different concentrations and temperatures is basic to sugar boiling and confectionery, and they are also important in fruit preservation and in making soft drinks and cordials.
- And some of the best ingredients to work with are cordials, liqueurs and schnapps.
- They are also used as ingredients in sweet dishes, an extensive and important role shared with liqueurs, cordials, and eaux-de-vie.
- Heaven Hill markets more than 50 labels of bourbon, rye, scotch, vodka, gin, tequila, rum, cognac, wines and cordials.