- 1 1.1(of magnet) núcleo (masculine)(of mold) macho (masculine)(of nuclear reactor) núcleo (masculine)to the corethe organization is rotten to the corela organización está totalmente corrompidashe's American to the corees americana hasta la médulahis behavior shocked me to the coresu comportamiento me horrorizóExample sentences
- It were as if thoughts shared whilst freewheeling down a country lane existed for just those few shameless moments, then could be thrown away, to decay in the hedgerows like the discarded cores of forbidden fruit.
- Cut four ‘sides’ from each pepper and discard the central core and seeds.
- The absence of a core in the picked fruit makes raspberries softer and juicier to eat than blackberries.
- The Earth has an iron core surrounded by a dense layer called the mantle, which is capped with a thin rind of rocky crust.
- In time, seismograph recordings enabled geologists to determine that Earth has a dense core surrounded by a slowly flowing mantle and a thin outer crust.
- Scientists believe the magnetic field is generated deep inside the Earth where the heat of the planet's solid inner core churns a liquid outer core of iron and nickel.
- Within the core of nuclear reactors, a transmutation-process goes through the sequence of the outer planet-names.
- The heart of any nuclear reactor is the core, which contains the fuel, a moderator, and control rods.
- The whining pitch of the nuclear cores heightened to a point where the team of soldiers out there dropped their weapons and held their hands over their ears in intense agony.
- The stator assembly consists of independently controlled electromagnet cores that are both identical and isolated from each other, and made of soft, magnetic composites.
- A casting would require a pattern, a core, a mold, and finally casting the part from aluminum.
Example sentences1.2 (central, essential part)
- Ultimately, he found his way back to Athens, but his NYU stint was not to be, and he was shaken to the core.
- After the last note faded away, the audience was still, shaken to the core.
- The cremation of the royal remains was therefore a catastrophe that shook Malagasy society to the core.
(of problem) meollo (masculine)a hard core of resistanceun foco de resistencia férrea(before noun)(subject)
- On Ghantasala, she said the singer was a perfectionist to the core.
- The whole system of government procurement is utterly corrupt to the core.
- I speak not as a partisan or an opponent of any man or measure, when I say that our politics are rotten to the core.
claveproductos (masculine plural) básicos principalescore curriculumplan (masculine) de estudios comúna core vocabulary of 1,000 wordsun vocabulario básico de 1.000 palabrasto be core (to something)ser un factor clave (para algo)Example sentences1.3 (Computing)
núcleo (masculine) magnético(before noun) core memorymemoria (feminine) centralExample sentences
- PPL's decision, as Scotland on Sunday reported last week, is prompted by £14.2m losses and the need to concentrate on its core activities.
- This management trend is the latest in a line of effective ways of reducing costs and allowing organisations to concentrate on their core activities.
- Like its competitors, Nestlé Rowntree is now concentrating on its core activity: making confectionery.
- It was a gigantic application of the first generation of high-speed computers with magnetic core memories.
- Naturally both cards had some reserves left in terms of performance by increasing the clockspeed of both the core and the memory.
- In some circumstances the system will prompt you to reboot at that point so it can detect the default core and memory speeds of your card.
- 2 2.1 (of rope)Example sentences2.2 (of electric cable)
- Sharks have been known to decide to bite them, there were worms called Teredo worms, which used to like to eat the gutta percha, which was used to insulate the copper wire at the core of the cable.
- Inner core was jointed to the outer mesh with non-conductive fishing line, and everything was held together with old-fashioned duct tape.
- The smaller the core and the poorer electrical conductor its material was, the faster the field would decay.
quitarle el corazón a
quitarle el centro aExample sentences
- In a blender, mix one tbsp of honey with one peeled and cored apple.
- For apple pie flavor without the fat-filled crust, stuff cored apples with brown sugar, cinnamon and granola (a sneaky bit of fiber), then cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Glancing up and setting the fourth cored apple aside, Lydia said, ‘Stuffed apples.’