- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (substance) corcho (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (in bottle) corcho (masculine)
- Made from the inner bark of the Mediterranean cork oak tree, cork can be cut repeatedly from trees that may be hundreds of years old.
- There are other things you can do with cork: make cork tiles out of it, for example.
- The bathroom is at the back of the hall: it has cork floor tiling, part-tiled walls and a chocolate brown suite, including a bath with telephone shower attachment and bidet.
More example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (in angling) corcho (masculine)
- Root bases were attached to the stem over cavities prepared by removing lenticels and discs of cork and secondary cortex beneath.
- Adaxial bulliform cells, cork cells and subsidiary cells were not silicified.
- Suberin is also formed developmentally and is found in the dermal cells of underground tissues, the Casparian band and in the cork cells of bark tissue.
More example sentences
- The sounds of corks popping on champagne bottles added to locals cheering on the endeavours of the small committee who had over-seen a job well done.
- Finally, someone popped the cork on a champagne bottle and we all cheered.
- Pascal personally popped the corks of the champagne bottles, and by doing so, auspiciously symbolised the incoming of luck and good fortune for the Pattaya Blatt team.
- They had fishing poles, and lines with corks on them out floating in the scummy water.
- The cork floated on the surface, its quill upright like the periscope of a submarine.
- A small cork or float usually is used to suspend the bait a foot or two beneath the surface (the distance can be adjusted by sliding the float).
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.