- 2 (foodstuff) corn on the cob(before noun) (oil/syrup)
de maízExample sentences
- Christopher says his biggest failure was cream corn.
- His challenge was to eat creamed corn and cod liver oil.
- I waded through enough surf-and-turfs and enough creamed corn to last a lifetime.
- 3 (hackneyed sentiments) [colloquial]Example sentences
- The appetite audiences have for sentimental corn should never be underestimated.
- Alexander's Ragtime Band is pure corn but rather tasty all the same.
- God, will I forever be forced to deal with this massive amount of cheese and corn from now on…?
Cultural Note: Corn Belt
Son los estados de la región central de EEUU ( American Midwest), especialmente Iowa, Illinois e Indiana, donde se cultiva la mayor parte del maíz del país.
- (on toe) to tread on somebody's corns (British English) (before noun) corn plasteremplasto (masculine) para callosExample sentences
- A variety of products are available over-the-counter for the treatment of common foot problems, such as athlete's foot, onychomycosis, foot pain, corns, warts and bunions.
- Deepika is my foot guru who, in half an hour, will transform my unattractive foot complete with corns, calluses and untidy-looking toes into a thing of beauty.
- In addition, soaking your feet in warm water or with Epsom salts can alleviate painful corns and calluses.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.