Translation of cornet in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Music/Música] (instrument) corneta (feminine); (person) corneta (masculine and feminine)Example sentences1.2 (British English/inglés británico) [Cookery/Cocina] cucurucho (masculine)
- Over the years, McPhee has become adept on alto and soprano saxes, value trombone, flugelhorn, pocket trumpet, cornet, and various clarinets.
- The cornet became the leading instrument of British and American brass bands.
- Around five years ago Mr Winterflood, who teaches eight instruments ranging from the cornet to the tuba, decided that he wanted to do something to help needy children.
- There are practical problems: for example, some ice cream cornets may be inappropriately rejected if their chocolate-containing tips overlap in the packaging.
- My daily treat was a giant cornet of delicious vanilla ice cream.
- Stop me and have a look - there are no cornets or ice lollies, but there is plenty of local history on offer in Yorkshire's most unusual museum.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.